Bug 1528136 Comment 121 Edit History

Note: The actual edited comment in the bug view page will always show the original commenter’s name and original timestamp.

> the first attempt fails

I suspect that this is because there's something conceptually wrong in our OAuth2 implementation for Office365. OAuth2 doesn't actually specify how to hand over from the web page login to the OAuth2 server REST API, and this is custom stuff in Microsoft, so it's not surprising me that it might work for Google login and not for Microsoft login, without a custom adaption. I think it is part of this bug here. The above description should give enough pointers where to look. We went through the same pains, and many more. It took us months to develop and investigate this and many other cases.
> the first attempt fails

OAuth2 doesn't actually specify how to hand over from the web page login to the OAuth2 server REST API, and this is custom stuff in Microsoft, so it's not surprising me that it might work for Google login and not for Microsoft login, without a custom adaption. I suspect that this is because there's something wrong in our OAuth2 implementation for Office365. I think it is part of this bug here. The above description should give enough pointers where to look. We went through the same pains, and many more. It took us months to develop and investigate this and many other cases.
> the first attempt fails

OAuth2 doesn't actually specify how to hand over from the web page login to the OAuth2 server REST API, and this is custom stuff in Microsoft, so it's not surprising me that it might work for Google login and not for Microsoft login, without a custom adaption. I suspect that there's something wrong in our OAuth2 implementation for Office365. I think it is part of this bug here. The above description should give enough pointers where to look. We went through the same pains, and many more. It took us months to develop and investigate this and many other cases.

Back to Bug 1528136 Comment 121