Closed Bug 1004561 Opened 6 years ago Closed 6 years ago

Move to mozilla badgekit/badgekit-api instances

Categories

(Webmaker Graveyard :: Badges, defect)

x86
macOS
defect
Not set

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: kate, Assigned: erik)

Details

(Whiteboard: [webmakerbadges][launch][june13])

No description provided.
We need to make sure that our staging and production environments are stable for beta testing in mid-may and don't conflict/overlap with work that the badge alliance is doing.
Assignee: nobody → davida
* David: do you want to weigh in on this?
Flags: needinfo?(davida)
I'm actually delegating this to Erik, who is on point to figure out all badge infrastructure across mozilla's needs.
Assignee: davida → erik
Flags: needinfo?(davida)
So my plan was to start work on this next Monday, working with JP to get the servers set up and to migrate the data.  My goal is to have things ready for you to switch to the new instance next week.  Does that sound soon enough?
Whiteboard: [webmakerbadges] [followup2] → [webmakerbadges][followup2]
Whiteboard: [webmakerbadges][followup2] → [webmakerbadges][launch]
Yes sounds good
Whiteboard: [webmakerbadges][launch] → [webmakerbadges][followup2]
Whiteboard: [webmakerbadges][followup2] → [webmakerbadges][launch]
Whiteboard: [webmakerbadges][launch] → [webmakerbadges][launch][june13]
* Still needed? Status?
Flags: needinfo?(erik)
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Still needed.  Staging sites are up at badgekit-mozilla.mofostaging.net and badgekit-api-mozilla.mofostaging.net.  Working today on getting badgekit-api-mozilla.mofostaging.net ready to be webmaker.org's new api endpoint (and preserve all the old data).
Flags: needinfo?(erik)
Status?
Flags: needinfo?(erik)
Yeah, still needed.  I keep punting on this due to various emergencies arising, but it does still need to be done.
Flags: needinfo?(erik)
Alright, staging is now switched over and all seems to be well. JP is finishing setting up the new prod instances, after which we will swap over prod as well.
Summary: Decide on where badgekit/badgekit-api for webmaker is hosted → Move to mozilla badgekit/badgekit-api instances
Alright, prod is switched over to use the new production badgekit-mozilla instances, and the data has been migrated.  So... think we're all set here?  Yell at me if something looks broken. :)
w00t
sweet!  Will close, lets file new bugs if they arise
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.