err, as i said in url field, it's <a href="http://dgl.microsoft.com" target="_blank">http://dgl.microsoft.com</a>. goto that url, arabic is already selected, so select english, and wait for mozilla to stop loading whatever it's loading. now the same page comes back with arabic still selected. and so when pressing "accept", it might load an english page, but when you search for something like "medicine" the page comes up in arabic. perhaps i'm wrong about this, and it may just be evangelism ? BUT, i just tried it in netscape 4.08, and the page appeared with "English" already selected... as the result should be.
Are there any other languages configured with your Mozilla setup ? See Edit -> Preferences -> Navigator -> Languages Then delete dgl.microsoft.com cookies and retry the URL. If this is not the problem, please try the latest build available here: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/mozilla-win32-talkback.zip As there's was a recent problem fixed with bug 97606. Then select a default charset with Edit -> Preferences -> Navigator -> Languages -> Default Charset. If this still doesn't work, delete your profile directory and restart latest Mozilla.
yup, thanx! English appeared as the default selection when i changed the 'Default character coding' to 'Western (ISO-8859-1)' ... god i'm stupid, i never even thought about that. marking as dup. *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 97606 ***
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.