Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; ast-AS; rv:0.9.4) Gecko/2001091303 Cannot enter https sites, nor change master password. I'm using the Asturian langpack, but it doesn't work if I start a new profile a choose en-US or el-GR (Greek). It looks like this 0.9.4 release is lacking security files, or the installation of a langpack (now they include pipnss and pippki as localized items)is affecting security.
WFM 2001092208 on Win2k. Reporter: Please try a more recent build: http://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/mozilla/nightly/latest/ (and, be sure to delete your old Mozilla directory before installing the new one)
Reporter let us know whether alex's suggestion helps.
Priority: -- → P3
Target Milestone: --- → Future
Version: 1.01 → 2.1
It doesn't look to work with Mozilla 0.9.4 Build ID: 2001092403. I get the following Windows error when starting the program the first time or switch language: It doesn't find the entering point for the procedure ?GetUnicode@nsString@@QBEPBGXZ in the dynamic link library xpcom.dll. I don't know if that's the problem why then I cannot have any of the features of PSM. I cannot see https sites or change master password,... with the brand new installed Mozilla (English), or then, after installing the Asturian langpack. I've found that Mozilla writes 3 files under WINNT: MozillaUninstall, Mozver and nsreg (why doesn't write mozreg, as it should be?). If it works for you, then it might be a problem with my system, but I've been installing and uninstalling mozilla in the last 12 months, so it shouldn't be a problem. The other thing I did this week was to install Virus Scan from Network Associates, just for the record.
And, you deleted the old Mozilla/bin directory before installing the new one, right? If that doesn't help, you may wish to try a fresh profile. You can manage/create profiles with "mozilla.exe -profilemanager".
Yes, I deleted the mozilla directory under program files, and under administrator. Also the mozver and mozreg in winnt. I restarted the computer and then I installed everything. I created 4 different profiles to test it. The only thing I didn't do, and I usually do, is to clean windows registry for all mozilla entries. Most of the times I do it, this time I didn't. Is it necessary? Xose
Xose: That's probably not necessary, but you could try that. If you still get that "xpcom" error, does that trigger Talkback?
I don't have that error anymore. Only the first time I install Mozilla, or everytime I install a language pack (I'm a l10n contributor). The error pops-up just when Mozilla is starting, I have to click OK, and the it starts normally, and I didn't notice anything strage until I tried to enter a https page, and then try to change the master password. The talkback doesn't do anything. And I think I didn't see any error on the console.
So, currently, HTTPS still doesn't work for you. Is that correct?
Yes, they don't.
Ok, I can't reproduce this, but marking NEW.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
From bug 101667: Michael Kaply [2001-09-25 20:0] "When I originally put up 0.9.4, it was missing https. If you downloaded the first 0.9.4, and then grabbed the new one, delete XPTI*.dat in bin/components and component.reg in bin and then restart mozilla. If security still doesn't work, please try creating a new profile." Xose, give that a try :).
Well, our problem was OS/2 related, but this one is very interesting. Can you place the entire content of the: GetUnicode@nsString@@QBEPBGXZ in the dynamic link library xpcom.dll. Message. It should also mention the DLL that was trying to load XPCOM. In my experience, there is either an old XPCOM.DLL on your system, or a DLL from an older build that requires an older XPCOM.DLL. The second scenario is more likely.
The error is as follows (I'm using Win2000Pro, Spanish version, so I translate more or less the error): The title of the error is: NSPR:EventReceiver: mozilla.exe - The entry point procedure is not found Then inside the error window it reads: The entry point procedure is not found ?GetUnicode@nsString@@QBEPBGXZ in the dynamic link library xpcom.dll I tried to substitute my xpcom.dll for a new one extracted from a new downloaded zip file, but still don't working.
Can you check to see if you have any other NSPR4.DLL or NSPR.DLK on your machine?
I have installed Mozilla 0.9.2 (Build ID: 2001062815). The security features work fine! I can enter https sites, change master password,... And I don't have that wierd error after the installation. My system and environment is the same, so I think there is a big problem with 0.9.4. Although I don't understand why I seem to be the only one having this problem. Xose
I have the NSPR4.dll in C:\Program Files\Mozilla.org\Mozilla. But this is the brand new working 0.9.2, I don't know if in 0.9.4 was.
The problem disapeared with Build 2001092803. Everything related to security works fine now. The .zip file installs OK, and the xpcom.dll problem doesn't appear after installation. Marked as fixed. Xose
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Verified per reporter's comment.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.