The save/download dialog has the maximize button correctly disabled, but if you right click the dialog's title bar, you'll see that the entries for maximize and size are still enabled. And you can choose these entries to do bizarre things to the dialog. From looking at this with Spy++, it looks like it's due to the DS_MODALFRAME bit (0x00000080) being set on the dialog's window styles. I did a quick sample app and could reproduce this result; getting rid of DS_MODALFRAME in my sample app made the system menu behave correctly. I'm not sure how or what sets the style bits for the dialog, but I'm guessing this belongs in XP Toolkit/Widgets.
apparently not a problem on win2k (guessing this is a 9x thing).
John, you're right, this only seems to be on Win9x.
spam: over to File Handling. haven't changed the current owners, but i did take qa contact for the nonce. pls do retriage/reassign if needed.
Component: XP Toolkit/Widgets → File Handling
QA Contact: jrgm → sairuh
*** Bug 125047 has been marked as a duplicate of this bug. ***
Is this bug still valid for Win9x? As already stated, it's wfm for Win2k.
I haven't used the Mozilla Suite for quite a while, but on Firefox, there is no longer a download dialog as such. So I suppose this is now WFM or resolved in some way.
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.1; en-US; rv:1.9.2a1pre) Gecko/20090216 Minefield/3.2a1pre Reproducible here. Additionally, "Restore" is still disabled and after minimizing the "What should Minefield do with this file?" Opening application dialog, double-clicking the titlebar didn't appear to restore it to normal size. The right-click menu just flickered on/off. But then switching to a different app window then back to firefox, the dialog was back to normal size. Double-clicking the titlebar after maximizing works, it goes back to normal. Url tested: data:application/octet-stream,h9eh54eag43
This is a mass change. Every comment has "assigned-to-new" in it. I didn't look through the bugs, so I'm sorry if I change a bug which shouldn't be changed. But I guess these bugs are just bugs that were once assigned and people forgot to change the Status back when unassigning.
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
Component: File Handling → File Handling
Product: Core → Firefox
Target Milestone: mozilla1.0.1 → ---
Version: Trunk → unspecified
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.