Moving the work from Bug 1015987 here for clarity and simplicity
Can I implore us to update the meme? That squirrel is like from 2009 y'all.
* agreed. Who's got the best replacement image?
* I vote for this: http://t3.gstatic.com/images?q=tbn:ANd9GcThbtnsKhwG3uAUHoVGtAmvEUVUGOtzTQJUaCYvbc6mgehNq05Z3A * counter-argument: doge has jumped the shark. but i don't think it matters. it's a genuinely adorable image. and it'll make people laugh. which is good. we need some whimsy here.
* Lainie: is this still the right make for this? https://thimble.webmaker.org/project/45564/remix * If so, I can remix it to: * Update tutorial copy * Remove or streamline code comments * Update meme image
That's the right make, and I agree doge is cute. :)
* QUESTIONS: 1) Is this still the valid HTML we want to use for these? 2) Can wen we put it at the bottom of the make, instead of the top? It's confusing to have it be the first thing learners see on the page <meta charset="utf-8"> <meta content="teach-project" name="webmaker:tags"> <meta content="https://stuff.webmaker.org/teach-assets/learning-projects/meme/meme_thumb.png" name="webmaker:thumbnail">
* Kate, do you know?
No, unfortunately you cannot but a meta tag at the bottom of the make -- you must put it in between the <head></head> tags
@ Aki: I owe you the page copy for this one -- will paste here shortly.
Aki: here's the copy below. <h1>Welcome to Webmaker</h1> <strong> Congratulations on your new <a href="http://foo">Made with Code</a> skills!</strong> Now let's learn a little HTML, the official languages of the web. <h2>Let's make a meme</h2> <strong> A "meme" is something that's shared on the internet, and it usually has three parts</strong>: a picture, a caption, and a dash of humor. In this activity, you'll make your own meme using a bit of HTML and your own creativity. <a href="https://thimble.webmaker.org/">Thimble</a>, Mozilla's code editor, makes it easy. <h3>Get started</h3> <ol> <li><strong> Click the "remix" button</strong>. This will open Thimble. You'll see a simple meme we created to get you started.</li> <li><strong>Follow the steps in the tutorial</strong>. The tutorial will walk you through how to make changes to the code.</li> <li><strong>Done!</strong> Once you're finished, you can save your work and share it. Log in to Webmaker and hit "Save."</li> </ol> <h3>Go further</h3> <ul> <li><a href="http://foo">Try the next Made w/Code activity</a>. Use your new HTML and CSS skills to Make a Movie poster.</li> <li>Or Webmaker has <a href="http://webmaker.org/gallery">lots of other free activities</a> here.</li> </ul>
* Make for the page is here: https://thimble.webmaker.org/project/59078/ * Aki: you should have what you need now. All good?
* Updated make for the page: https://thimble.webmaker.org/project/59455/remix
# Confirming: - Url for this is https://webmaker.org/madewithcode-meme - ID for the make is 53962d732e50e55a22000132 (raw data can be found at https://makeapi.webmaker.org/api/20130724/make/search?id=53962d732e50e55a22000132) - The copy for this page is in comment #10 - The design for this page is at https://redpen.io/ht9394041a025b89e8 # Questions about the copy: - For the first `#foo` link in the markup above—where is that supposed to lead? - For the second `#foo` link above—wouldn’t it make more sense for the anchor text to be `Make a Movie poster`, since that’s the action that would be the result of the click? (FTR, I hear our partner is rather sensitive about these sorts of things)
Flags: needinfo?(aki) → needinfo?(matt)
(In reply to Aki Rose Braun [:akirose] from comment #13) > - Url for this is https://webmaker.org/madewithcode-meme yes > - ID for the make is 53962d732e50e55a22000132 (raw data can be found at > https://makeapi.webmaker.org/api/20130724/make/ > search?id=53962d732e50e55a22000132) yes > - The copy for this page is in comment #10 yes > - The design for this page is at https://redpen.io/ht9394041a025b89e8 yes > # Questions about the copy: > > - For the first `#foo` link in the markup above—where is that supposed to > lead? * Not sure yet -- still waiting for the partner to provide. > - For the second `#foo` link above—wouldn’t it make more sense for the > anchor text to be `Make a Movie poster`, since that’s the action that would > be the result of the click? yes. sounds good.
* @ Lainie: has the partner provided the URL for the Made with Code site yet? Will need it for these pages.
Yes, sorry think I put in the meta bug. It's madewithcode.com
@ Aki re: http://snaps.akibraun.com/1s645.png * Looks great! Fixes: 1) Remove period from "Welcome to Webmaker" 2) Remove caption text from "Remix button" graphic. No longer needed. 3) Remove caption text from "Thimble preview" graphic below it. Same.
Attachment #8439442 - Flags: feedback?(cassie)
Comment on attachment 8439442 [details] https://redpen.io/p/ma98922550a1fdc8a3 Left a few comments on redpen. Ignoring spacing issues 'til we can tackle that on a larger scale later on.
Attachment #8439442 - Flags: feedback?(cassie) → feedback+
Attachment #8439445 - Flags: review?(kate)
Comment on attachment 8439445 [details] [review] https://github.com/mozilla/webmaker.org/pull/793 A few changes but this is looking really good
Attachment #8439445 - Flags: review?(kate) → review-
Comment on attachment 8439445 [details] [review] https://github.com/mozilla/webmaker.org/pull/793 Made some serious progress, including moving those functions into filters.
Attachment #8439445 - Flags: review- → review?(kate)
Attachment #8439445 - Flags: review?(kate) → review+
Commits pushed to master at https://github.com/mozilla/webmaker.org https://github.com/mozilla/webmaker.org/commit/a8a31cf905badf8bf42a5cfa44f0b35788133614 Fixes Bug 1021245 - Made w/ Code: ship "make a meme" https://github.com/mozilla/webmaker.org/commit/2a677b5528b413029c64911efc2fbe2b5afc064a Merge pull request #793 from gesa/1021245/make-a-meme Bug 1021245 - Made w/ Code: ship "make a meme"
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.