* Pomax: could you even just paste what we talked about in IRC and publish to a blog, wiki, etherpad -- whatever's easiest for you? * Really want to make use of this feature -- in particular that "line" feature you mentioned, that takes people to a particular line of code * This work is powerful. Let's get it slightly better documented so people like me, Lainie, Laura, Michelle, Kat and others can take full advantage of it
Whiteboard: [tutorial] [june13]
* Actually, this already exists! :) https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/thimble-tutorials * Pomax: is that accurate an up to date? * I couldn't find instructions there on how to use the "line" command you mentioned in IRC
Summary: Write a blog post about how to create "Tutorials" in Thimble → Update SUMO documentation on how to create Tutorials in Thimble
that's pretty good! the instructions for line are pretty straight forward in that "if you want to refer to one or more lines, you don't have to worry about special markup. Simply writing something like "line 4" (without the quotes) will automatically turn it into a link that pulls up line 4 in Thimble's text editor. If you want to highlight multiple lines you can use, for instance, "lines 12-24" (again without quotes) to highlight those lines in Thimble's text editor". I will also try to blog about this feature soon.
@ Pomax: please do blog about it then paste the link here. We'll want to push this functionality this summer. * We will use your blog to update the SUMO documentation * You can consider using these for examples in your post: https://openmatt.makes.org/thimble/LTkyNDQ1MDgxNg==/tutorial-for-make-a-meme https://openmatt.makes.org/thimble/LTE2MTIzMTY2NzI=/tutorial-for-make-your-first-web-page
Summary: Update SUMO documentation on how to create Tutorials in Thimble → Write blog post and update SUMO documentation on Thimble Tutorials
Whiteboard: [tutorial] [june13] → [tutorial] [june27]
Whiteboard: [tutorial] [june27] → [tutorial] [july11]
* Pomax: this is a killer feature and we're seeing lots of interesting new uses of it. Still feels like we haven't documented or publicized it as well as we should. * Can you write a draft and I'll polish it up for the Webmaker blog and SUMO?
Whiteboard: [tutorial] [july11] → [tutorial] [july25]
* Marking wontfix. Tired of punting.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX
I was on PTO since mid June and literally didn't look at anything Mozilla related. Only been back a week with an extreme focus on getting appmaker running, which doesn't use bugzilla, so I didn't see my bugzilla dashboard until yesterday. I can work out this post today.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: WONTFIX → ---
blog post written over at https://pomax.github.io/#gh-weblog-1405447452407
* We now need to: 1) post this to SUMO 2) publish as a blog post on blog.webmaker.org
Assignee: matt → nobody
Whiteboard: [tutorial] [july25] → [tutorial] [aug8] [goodfirstbug]
Pomax, can you publish this on SUMO?
Assignee: nobody → pomax
I have never used SUMO before, so I have no idea what the procedure for that is. If someone can point me in the right direction, then: sure.
Give me the leads of what to do? I can help and i would be happy to help.
Great! akshay: do you have specific experience publishing articles on SUMO? If so, can you publish this: https://pomax.github.io/#gh-weblog-1405447452407 here: https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/products/webmaker/thimble ?
Flags: needinfo?(brett) → needinfo?(akshaytiwari003)
Hi Matt, I never published anything on SUMO but have been a long time contributor in AOA. I would like to publish it and would make sure it is done successfully.
* Great! Let us know if you need anything further from us to proceed. the info is in comment12
Whiteboard: [tutorial] [aug8] [goodfirstbug] → [tutorial] [sep19] [goodfirstbug]
Whiteboard: [tutorial] [sep19] [goodfirstbug] → [tutorial] [oct3] [goodfirstbug]
* The [oct3] train has now left the station. So please update the whiteboard with [oct17], or whatever train you're now planning to put this on. Thanks!
Whiteboard: [tutorial] [oct3] [goodfirstbug] → [tutorial] [oct17] [goodfirstbug]
* the [oct17] train has now left the station * so please update with [oct31], [nov14], [nov28], etc.
* [oct17] has passed. Please update the whiteboard.
Whiteboard: [tutorial] [oct17] [goodfirstbug] → [tutorial] [goodfirstbug]
This is on our roadmap for the Thimble update in Teach, and we'll address it as part of that roll out, and do this in Github.
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 5 years ago → 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.