Move WebOps::Bugzilla to new comp

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

()

RESOLVED FIXED
4 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: fubar, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: [kanban:https://kanbanize.com/ctrl_board/4/406] )

(Reporter)

Description

4 years ago
BMO IT support has moved out of IT/WebOps, so let's get the component out of their space.

Change: Infrastructure & Operations: WebOps: Bugzilla to bugzilla.mozilla.org: Infrastructure
Default QA contact: mcote@mozilla.org
Desc: Bugs relating to the bugzilla.mozilla.org infrastructure

Also.. when we originally moved the dev svcs comp to webops: source control, we apparently never closed out the old one, so people continued to create bugs there. while all of the folks likely to submit bugs to webops: bugzilla are seeing this, I'd like to make sure we
don't leave any ghosts behind.
(In reply to Kendall Libby [:fubar] from comment #0)
> BMO IT support has moved out of IT/WebOps, so let's get the component out of
> their space.
> 
> Change: Infrastructure & Operations: WebOps: Bugzilla to
> bugzilla.mozilla.org: Infrastructure
> Default QA contact: mcote@mozilla.org
> Desc: Bugs relating to the bugzilla.mozilla.org infrastructure

OK, this is configured now so we can do the move:

1. # cd /path/to/bugzilla/root
2. # perl ./contrib/reorg-tools/movebugs.pl "Infrastructure & Operations" "WebOps: Bugzilla" "bugzilla.mozilla.org" "Infrastructure"

> Also.. when we originally moved the dev svcs comp to webops: source control,
> we apparently never closed out the old one, so people continued to create
> bugs there. while all of the folks likely to submit bugs to webops: bugzilla
> are seeing this, I'd like to make sure we
> don't leave any ghosts behind.

If you do not mind, let's do the above cleanup as a separate bug. 

Thanks
Assignee: nobody → server-ops-webops
Component: Administration → WebOps: Bugzilla
OS: Mac OS X → All
Product: bugzilla.mozilla.org → Infrastructure & Operations
QA Contact: nmaul
Hardware: x86 → All
Version: Production → other
Whiteboard: [kanban:https://kanbanize.com/ctrl_board/4/406]
Component: WebOps: Bugzilla → Infrastructure
Product: Infrastructure & Operations → bugzilla.mozilla.org
(Reporter)

Comment 2

4 years ago
> OK, this is configured now so we can do the move:
> 
> 1. # cd /path/to/bugzilla/root
> 2. # perl ./contrib/reorg-tools/movebugs.pl "Infrastructure & Operations"
> "WebOps: Bugzilla" "bugzilla.mozilla.org" "Infrastructure"

Done. Also, bonus lols for mid-air collision on updating this bug. :-D

bugzillaadm.private.scl3# time perl ./contrib/reorg-tools/movebugs.pl "Infrastructure & Operations" "WebOps: Bugzilla" "bugzilla.mozilla.org" "Infrastructure"
About to move 182 bugs
From 'Infrastructure & Operations' : 'WebOps: Bugzilla'
To 'bugzilla.mozilla.org' : 'Infrastructure'

Press <Ctrl-C> to stop or <Enter> to continue...

Moving 182 bugs from Infrastructure & Operations:WebOps: Bugzilla to bugzilla.mozilla.org:Infrastructure
Touching user profile data for 182 bugs.
Updated 733 users.

real	0m5.706s
user	0m0.886s
sys	0m0.204s

> > Also.. when we originally moved the dev svcs comp to webops: source control,
> > we apparently never closed out the old one, so people continued to create
> > bugs there. while all of the folks likely to submit bugs to webops: bugzilla
> > are seeing this, I'd like to make sure we
> > don't leave any ghosts behind.
> 
> If you do not mind, let's do the above cleanup as a separate bug. 

Well, specifically I wanted to make sure we clean up WebOps: Bugzilla now that it's moved; the others are an entirely different ball of fish.
Old component deleted. Closing.
Actually closing :)
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.