All users were logged out of Bugzilla on October 13th, 2018
From Bugzilla Helper: User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.4+) Gecko/20011004 BuildID: 2001100403 When starting Mozilla or opening a new browser window I get several error messages: No media in drive. Please insert media in Drive \Device\Harddisk\DR2. After a few clicks on the cancel button everything works fine until I open a new browser window. This drive is my Zip drive on G: If I turn of the Zip drive, or insert a disk everything works fine. G: ist the last drive in my computer. In a previous installation of windows the zip drive was on D: Probably this bug already existed but because G: was a HD nothing happened. Reproducible: Always Steps to Reproduce: 1. Start Mozilla Actual Results: Error message Expected Results: No error message
Did you at some point have Mozilla installed on the G-drive? If so, this sounds like it could be caused by a missing/incomplete uninstall, so some mozilla file is still referred to on the G drive - perhaps in the registry
Mozilla never was on G-Drive. Actually I teared down the whole windows and put it up new. All drives are new formatted and mozilla is a new installation. I just copied my old bookmarks.
Have you saved/opend something from mozilla on drive g: after the installation ?
No. I plugged in the zip drive (which I never used with this windows installation before) and there it was.
ehe.. it's rather: did you save something BEFORE the zip-drive was there.. If you search registry for entries regarding the G drive - does anything interesting turn up? Does the list of latest opened files in composer reveal anything? Are there any references to the G drive in your prefs.js?
Actually there was no drive G before. I searched the registry for G: and found nothing. I looked at prefs.js and found no reference to drive G.
I found it. The bookmarks file (the only one copied from the old installation) was the source of all evil. G was my old windows drive and therefore the imported IE favourites still linked to G instead of C. I deleted this bookmark (the new installation created another one) and now everything works fine. So it was not a bug!!! (Sorry) Made it an invalid bug
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
Thanks that you have searched ! (We couldn't fix such problems because we can't reproduce this...) verified
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.