Support gmp-clearkey in Mochitest on B2G

RESOLVED FIXED in Firefox 40

Status

RESOLVED FIXED
4 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: ted, Assigned: jwwang)

Tracking

(Blocks: 1 bug)

unspecified
mozilla40
Points:
---
Dependency tree / graph

Firefox Tracking Flags

(firefox40 fixed)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

This turned out to be more of a hassle than I expected, so I'm punting this to a followup so we can get the desktop changes landed.
(Assignee)

Updated

4 years ago
Blocks: 1142899
(Assignee)

Comment 1

4 years ago
Hi Ted,
Is there a progress on this bug? We plan to enable EME on B2G and we need to enable mochitests first to provide a sold foundation for the porting job. Thanks.
Flags: needinfo?(ted)
I'm not working on this bug or planning on working on this bug. Sorry. Happy to advise someone else who would like to tackle it.
Flags: needinfo?(ted)
(Assignee)

Comment 3

4 years ago
For now, let's put focus on B2G. If we ever want to run EME On Android, let's spin off another bug.
Summary: Support gmp-fake in Mochitest on Android/B2G → Support gmp-clearkey in Mochitest on B2G
(Assignee)

Comment 4

4 years ago
Created attachment 8579768 [details] [diff] [review]
1043403_support_clear_key_in_mochitest_on_b2g-v1.patch

1. include clearkey in the package of B2G since we need it anyway no matter running mochitests or a normal boot-up.
2. set gmp path to '/system/b2g/gmp-clearkey/0.1'. We don't need gmp-fake to run mochitests.
Assignee: nobody → jwwang
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Attachment #8579768 - Flags: review?(ted)
Comment on attachment 8579768 [details] [diff] [review]
1043403_support_clear_key_in_mochitest_on_b2g-v1.patch

Review of attachment 8579768 [details] [diff] [review]:
-----------------------------------------------------------------

I'm a little unclear why you say we need gmp-clearkey regardless of Mochitest or not, but I trust your judgement.
Attachment #8579768 - Flags: review?(ted) → review+
Could you file a follow-up for android and change the comment in runtestsremote.py to match?
https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/testing/mochitest/runtestsremote.py#679
(Assignee)

Updated

4 years ago
Blocks: 1149374
(Assignee)

Comment 7

4 years ago
(In reply to Ted Mielczarek [:ted.mielczarek] from comment #5)
> I'm a little unclear why you say we need gmp-clearkey regardless of
> Mochitest or not, but I trust your judgement.

We also need to play encrypted content on B2G as we do on the browser.
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/1b6bf6612c0f/browser/installer/package-manifest.in#l933
(Assignee)

Comment 8

4 years ago
(In reply to Ted Mielczarek [:ted.mielczarek] from comment #6)
> Could you file a follow-up for android and change the comment in
> runtestsremote.py to match?
> https://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/testing/mochitest/
> runtestsremote.py#679

Sure. Bug 1149374 is filed.
(In reply to JW Wang [:jwwang] from comment #7)
> We also need to play encrypted content on B2G as we do on the browser.
> https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/file/1b6bf6612c0f/browser/installer/
> package-manifest.in#l933

Oh, I didn't know we were shipping that. Thanks for the explanation. Do you think we'll ever need gmp-fake for testing purposes? The reason I punted on that was because it was a hassle to get it in the right place on non-desktop platforms.
https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/4c8f68e6d01f
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
status-firefox40: --- → fixed
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla40
(Assignee)

Comment 13

4 years ago
(In reply to Ted Mielczarek [:ted.mielczarek] from comment #11)
> Do you think we'll ever need gmp-fake for testing purposes? The reason I punted on
> that was because it was a hassle to get it in the right place on non-desktop
> platforms.

gmp-fake is needed to run Gtests. For now, we only run Gtests on desktop platforms (see also bug 932562 which has been pending for a while). So we don't need gmp-fake for non-desktop platforms for now.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.