STR: 1. Open Firefox 32beta2 Turkish build (or latest Aurora Turkish) 2. Visit http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/translator/ 3. Hit the equivalent of Translate in Turkish (green button) Expected result: The language to translate to drop down has a language set. Actual result: The language to translate to drop down is empty. Notes: 1. This issue is reproducible on all platforms.
This is a regression from bug 1022413 where we updated the list of target languages to make sense for a German audience.
Created attachment 8465647 [details] [diff] [review] Patch We need to add "pl", "tr", "vi" to the list of supported target languages but I'm not sure if we want to also add them to the list of supported source languages. https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1022413#c4 (which was the summary of a meeting between Felipe and Chad) says "- the list of supported target languages should mirror the list of source languages" but I don't know the rationale for that. (Felipe Gomes from bug 1022413 comment #5) > I sorted the listed alphabetically in German. I'll open a bug about sorting > it alphabetically in the browser's locale. We can't do that hardcoded sorting anymore now that we support multiple locales, so I added the sorting in this patch. AFAIK the follow-up mentioned in that comment was never filed.
Added to Iteration 34.1 Florian, can you provide a point value and mark the bug as either [qa+] or [qa-] for verification.
Comment on attachment 8465647 [details] [diff] [review] Patch Please get this on beta ASAP.
Backed out from beta in https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-beta/rev/2d266c52e2a5 for bc1 failures: https://tbpl.mozilla.org/php/getParsedLog.php?id=45000110&tree=Mozilla-Beta
(In reply to Wes Kocher (:KWierso) from comment #6) > Backed out from beta in > https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-beta/rev/2d266c52e2a5 for bc1 > failures: > https://tbpl.mozilla.org/php/getParsedLog.php?id=45000110&tree=Mozilla-Beta Sorry, I removed a line by accident while unbitrotting the patch for beta :-(. Relanded: https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-beta/rev/33eea1df6465
Verified as fixed on Windows 7 64bit, Ubuntu 13.04 64bit and Mac OS X 10.9.4 using Firefox 32 beta 3.
I tested on all platforms for latest Nightly and Aurora: Ubuntu: Nightly (tr, pl, vi) - Verified Fixed Aurora (tr, pl, vi) - Verified Fixed Mac OS X: Nightly vi - Verified Fixed; (tr, pl) - not updated to build after the fix (still 2014-08-01) Aurora (tr, pl, vi) - Verified Fixed Windows: Nightly (tr, pl, vi) - Verified Fixed Aurora (tr, pl, vi) - Verified Fixed Based on my testing I will go and mark this as verified as fixed.