|Submitter||Diff||Changes||Open Issues||Last Updated|
|Error loading review requests:|
58 bytes, text/x-review-board-request
|Details | Review|
I added an intentional crash in jemalloc, and the resulting crashes in gtest don't show a useful symbol, outside of jemalloc itself. (This isn't actually an immediate problem for me, because every other test suite is also crashing, so this is almost certainly just the same issue.) Thread 0 (crashed) 0 firefox!jemalloc_crash [jemalloc.c:989fad4ef7ee : 1572 + 0x0] rbx = 0x00007fd25c663d78 r12 = 0x0000000000000000 r13 = 0x0000000000000000 r14 = 0x00007fd24b889000 r15 = 0x00000147dc206a6e rip = 0x000000000041467b rsp = 0x00007fffbb52a880 rbp = 0x00007fffbb52a890 Found by: given as instruction pointer in context 1 firefox!je_realloc [jemalloc.c:989fad4ef7ee : 6438 + 0x6] rbx = 0x00007fd24b8238d0 r12 = 0x0000000000000000 r13 = 0x0000000000000000 r14 = 0x00007fd24b889000 r15 = 0x00000147dc206a6e rip = 0x0000000000418055 rsp = 0x00007fffbb52a8a0 rbp = 0x00007fffbb52a980 Found by: call frame info 2 libxul.so + 0x9fad5a rbx = 0x00007fd24b8238d0 r12 = 0x0000000000000050 r13 = 0x0000000000000000 r14 = 0x00007fd24b889000 r15 = 0x00000147dc206a6e rip = 0x00007fd2562add5b rsp = 0x00007fffbb52a990 rbp = 0x00007fffbb52a9b0 Found by: call frame info 3 libxul.so + 0x2339f21 rip = 0x00007fd257becf22 rsp = 0x00007fffbb52a9c0 rbp = 0x00007fffbb52a9e0 Found by: stack scanning 4 libxul.so + 0x233a51c rip = 0x00007fd257bed51d rsp = 0x00007fffbb52a9f0 rbp = 0x00007fffbb52aa10 Found by: stack scanning 5 libxul.so + 0x233ae3f rip = 0x00007fd257bede40 rsp = 0x00007fffbb52aa20 rbp = 0x00007fffbb52aa30 Found by: stack scanning 6 libxul.so + 0x951a21 rip = 0x00007fd256204a22 rsp = 0x00007fffbb52aa40 rbp = 0x00007fffbb52ab50 Found by: stack scanning
The problem here is that we actually build the gtest libxul as part of `make check`: http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/annotate/111a1da2a95d/testing/gtest/Makefile.in#l24 ...which is after we've run `make buildsymbols`. The secondary problem we'd have if we fixed that is that for symbolizing assertion stacks we use fix_stack_using_bpsyms, which isn't smart enough to differentiate between symbol files for libraries with the same name: http://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/annotate/111a1da2a95d/tools/rb/fix_stack_using_bpsyms.py#l88
These should be in good shape now that we're running gtests from the test package. I'll use this bug for my patches to provide symbols for assertion stacks.
Created attachment 8708136 [details] MozReview Request: Bug 1055224 - Run gtest output through a stack fixer. r=ahal Review commit: https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/30995/diff/#index_header See other reviews: https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/30995/
Comment on attachment 8708136 [details] MozReview Request: Bug 1055224 - Run gtest output through a stack fixer. r=ahal https://reviewboard.mozilla.org/r/30995/#review27863 Lgtm, r+ with a few minor nits. ::: testing/gtest/rungtests.py:36 (Diff revision 1) > symbol files for producing stack traces on crash. Add utility path to the docstring ::: testing/gtest/rungtests.py:124 (Diff revision 1) > # mozinfo is not set up properly to detect if ASan is enabled, so just always set these. Remove this comment ::: testing/mozbase/mozprocess/mozprocess/processhandler.py:16 (Diff revision 1) > -__all__ = ['ProcessHandlerMixin', 'ProcessHandler'] > +__all__ = ['ProcessHandlerMixin', 'ProcessHandler', 'StreamOutput'] Might as well be consistent and export LogOutput and StoreOutput as well.