Closed Bug 1056526 Opened 7 years ago Closed 7 years ago

[MADAI][Multimedia] When starting video playback, Video frame was stopped for a moment.

Categories

(Core :: Audio/Video, defect, P2)

defect

Tracking

()

RESOLVED FIXED
mozilla34
blocking-b2g 2.0+
Tracking Status
firefox32 --- wontfix
firefox33 --- fixed
firefox34 --- fixed
b2g-v2.0 --- verified
b2g-v2.0M --- verified
b2g-v2.1 --- verified

People

(Reporter: jaemin1.song, Assigned: jwwang)

References

Details

(Whiteboard: [LibGLA,PP,B][TAM-triage?])

Attachments

(1 file)

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.143 Safari/537.36

Steps to reproduce:

1. Playing attached video file.
2. When starting playback, Video frame is stopped for a moment.

When I operate seek function,
I can also find symptom that video frame is skipped.


Actual results:

As a result of debugging,
I have found "Skipping video decode to the next keyframe" log.
(When VideoQueue().GetSize() is 0, this log is detected.)
You can find this log in MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp.
Please confirm this problem.

Thanks.
blocking-b2g: --- → 2.0?
Priority: -- → P2
Whiteboard: [LibGLA,PP,B]
Because size of video file is big,
I can not attach video file.
But this issue is occurred using other A/V file.

If you need issue file, please let me know your email.
I'll send video file to email.

Thanks.
(In reply to Jaemin Song from comment #1)
> Because size of video file is big,
> I can not attach video file.
> But this issue is occurred using other A/V file.
> 
> If you need issue file, please let me know your email.
> I'll send video file to email.
> 
> Thanks.

can you please email the file to :jsmith@mozilla.com so our QA can try and repro this.
Keywords: qawanted
(In reply to bhavana bajaj [:bajaj] from comment #2)
> can you please email the file to :jsmith@mozilla.com so our QA can try and
> repro this.

I have sent video file through email.
Please confirm email.(My account is "kyzen@naver.com")
If you play the clip using both PC and device,
you can find that video frame was skipped when using only FireFox device.

Thanks.
Qa-Wanted is not able to get a reliable repro because the video itself hitches (pauses) in multiple spots when viewing it on a computer - before even pushing it onto a device.
Keywords: qawanted
(In reply to Joshua Mitchell [:Joshua_M] from comment #4)
> Qa-Wanted is not able to get a reliable repro because the video itself
> hitches (pauses) in multiple spots when viewing it on a computer - before
> even pushing it onto a device.

If you can not confirm problem,
could you check this issue using other A/V file?
When you try to start playback
OR When you try to seek operation,
you can find that frame is skipped for a moment.
And when video is skipped, log is printed like below.
LOG: "Skipping video decode to the next keyframe"
(In reply to Jaemin Song from comment #5)
> (In reply to Joshua Mitchell [:Joshua_M] from comment #4)
> > Qa-Wanted is not able to get a reliable repro because the video itself
> > hitches (pauses) in multiple spots when viewing it on a computer - before
> > even pushing it onto a device.
> 
> If you can not confirm problem,
> could you check this issue using other A/V file?
> When you try to start playback
> OR When you try to seek operation,
> you can find that frame is skipped for a moment.
> And when video is skipped, log is printed like below.
> LOG: "Skipping video decode to the next keyframe"

jaemin, we have our QA doing daily testing and this issue is never reported.
(In reply to bhavana bajaj [:bajaj] from comment #6)
> jaemin, we have our QA doing daily testing and this issue is never reported.

Since video frame is skipped just once 
when starting playback Or operating seek function,
you will be hard to detect.
Could you check this issue after enable log in MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp?
If you try to reproduce this issue,
you can find "Skipping video decode to the next keyframe" log.

Thanks.
I downloaded a webm file from http://video.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm. Try it on my flame with 2.1 code base. I cannot reproduce this problem and I don't get the "Skipping video decode to the next keyframe" log. From comment 4, it seems that the file itself has problems. Jaemin, can you try other files? If you cannot reproduce it with other files, I think it should not be a blocker.
Flags: needinfo?(jaemin1.song)
(In reply to StevenLee[:slee] from comment #9)
> I downloaded a webm file from
> http://video.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm. Try it on my flame
> with 2.1 code base. I cannot reproduce this problem and I don't get the
> "Skipping video decode to the next keyframe" log. From comment 4, it seems
> that the file itself has problems. Jaemin, can you try other files? If you
> cannot reproduce it with other files, I think it should not be a blocker.

I have downloaded a webm file from http://video.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm.
When I try to reproduce issue with above link file,
issue is occurred on my device(Madai) and I can find "Skipping video decode to the next keyframe" log.
Could you check this issue again using FireFox OS 2.0 version?

Thanks.
Flags: needinfo?(jaemin1.song) → needinfo?(slee)
(In reply to Blake Wu [:bwu][:blakewu] from comment #8)
> http://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/content/media/
> MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp?from=MediaDecoderStateMachine.cpp&case=true#612
> You can try to force skipToNextKeyFrame to be false to see if the problem is
> mitigated or not.

After changing to false, problem is not mitigated.
Problem is still occurred.

Thanks.
Hi Jaemin,

I updated the latest 2.0 code. It works fine and I cannot find the log.
Flags: needinfo?(slee)
(In reply to StevenLee[:slee] from comment #12)
> Hi Jaemin,
> 
> I updated the latest 2.0 code. It works fine and I cannot find the log.

I don't know why result is different.
Do you have a *Madai* device(v2.0)??
If you have *Madai* device, please confirm this case using *Madai* device.

(* Additional info: When I reproduce this issue using Video only file,
issue is not occurred.)

Thanks.
(In reply to Jaemin Song from comment #13)
> I don't know why result is different.
> Do you have a *Madai* device(v2.0)??
> If you have *Madai* device, please confirm this case using *Madai* device.
> 
> (* Additional info: When I reproduce this issue using Video only file,
> issue is not occurred.)
> 
> Thanks.
I have no Madai device in hand. What I did was trying to reproduce the problem on Flame. BTW, when I load the webm, [1], from broser, I still don't have such problem.

[1] http://video.webmfiles.org/big-buck-bunny_trailer.webm
Dear Blake,

Could you check this issue on *Madai* device?
Please check whether problem is occurred on *Madai* device.

Thanks.
Flags: needinfo?(bwu)
Jaemin,

Please confirm problem is seen on Flame first. 2.0- for now.

Your team has some Flame devices, please borrow one from them.
blocking-b2g: 2.0? → -
Flags: needinfo?(bwu) → needinfo?(jaemin1.song)
(In reply to Wayne Chang [:wchang] from comment #16)
> Jaemin,
> 
> Please confirm problem is seen on Flame first. 2.0- for now.
> 
> Your team has some Flame devices, please borrow one from them.

OK, I'll borrow Flame devices and confirm it.

Thanks.
Flags: needinfo?(jaemin1.song)
I have checked this issue on Flame device.
Issue was reproduced on Flame device.
When I seek the video file,
video was stopped for a moment.

But I can not confirm log.
How can I enable PR_LOG in Flame device?

Thanks.
Default setting of LOG status is "disabled" on Flame device.
So, I can not confirm MediaDecoderStateMachine Logs.
Could you let me know how can enable PR_LOG?

Thanks.
Flags: needinfo?(slee)
Hi Jaemin,

For enabling PR_LOG, you have to
1. build debug version gecko
2. stop b2g and set environment variable on device, NSPR_LOG_MODULES=MediaDecoder:5, [1].
3. start b2g

[1] http://dxr.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/source/nsprpub/pr/include/prlog.h#43
Flags: needinfo?(slee)
I have enabled log and checked problem on Flame.(v2.0)
As a result of test,
I could reproduce issue and
found "Skipping video decode to the next keyframe" log.
To confirm the log, I had added log using "android/log.h".

Please confirm problem again.
Thanks.
blocking-b2g: - → 2.0?
Whiteboard: [LibGLA,PP,B] → [LibGLA,PP,B][TAM-triage?]
Hi JW:
Please provide the bug number that fix the "backward" audio timestamp on StateMachine.
I want to try that patch first.
Flags: needinfo?(jwwang)
Bug 1057199 comment 1.
Flags: needinfo?(jwwang)
Hi Jaemin:
I have test the patch in Bug 1057199, without that fix, I can see the log "Skipping video decode to the next keyframe" at the beginning of playback. After apply that fix, I don't see the log.

Please try that patch, if it works, we can uplift it to 2.0.
thanks
Flags: needinfo?(jaemin1.song)
(In reply to Benjamin Chen [:bechen] from comment #24)
> Hi Jaemin:
> I have test the patch in Bug 1057199, without that fix, I can see the log
> "Skipping video decode to the next keyframe" at the beginning of playback.
> After apply that fix, I don't see the log.
> 
> Please try that patch, if it works, we can uplift it to 2.0.
> thanks

I have applied patch in Bug 1057199.
After applying this patch,
problem was not occurred and video frame is not skipped.
Issue is fixed.
Please uplift this patch to 2.0.

Thanks.
Flags: needinfo?(jaemin1.song) → needinfo?(bechen)
Depends on: 1057199
blocking-b2g: 2.0? → 2.0+
Triage to set it to 2.0+.
Component: General → Video/Audio
Product: Firefox OS → Core
The patch was landed in bug 1057199.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Closed: 7 years ago
Flags: needinfo?(bechen)
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Assignee: nobody → jwwang
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla34
This issue has been verified successfully on Woodduck 2.0;Flame2.0&2.1.
Reproducing rate: 0/5
See attachment: Verify_Woodduck_VideoFrame.mp4

Woodduck build version:
Gaia-Rev        87b23fa81c3b59f2ba24b84f7d686f4160d4e7cb
Gecko-Rev       d049d4ef127844121c9cf14d2e8ca91fd9045fcb
Build-ID        20141125050313
Version         32.0

Flame2.0 build:
Gaia-Rev        124c2f85f1b956e9e8429dab5121de702a3bc197
Gecko-Rev       https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-b2g32_v2_0/rev/fc90ac008cc1
Build-ID        20141124000201
Version         32.0

Flame2.1 build:
Gaia-Rev        8ae086c39011bc8842b2a19bb5267906fa22345a
Gecko-Rev       https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-b2g34_v2_1/rev/ebbd5c65c3c1
Build-ID        20141124094013
Version         34.0
Blocks: Woodduck
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.