[Dolphin] After gaia-ui-test the phone get stuck, physical keys are not available,adb can connect

RESOLVED WONTFIX

Status

RESOLVED WONTFIX
4 years ago
8 months ago

People

(Reporter: yaoyao.wu, Unassigned)

Tracking

unspecified
x86_64
Linux

Firefox Tracking Flags

(b2g-v1.4 affected)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

4 years ago
After I use adb shell start b2g, the phone return to normal.
I guess the issue is due to adb shell stop b2g is called during the gaia-ui-test.

Comment 1

4 years ago
The 'adb shell start b2g' may require su(do) privileges, depending upon how it is flashed.
(Reporter)

Comment 2

4 years ago
(In reply to Zac C (:zac) from comment #1)
> The 'adb shell start b2g' may require su(do) privileges, depending upon how
> it is flashed.
Hi Zac ,
After a period gaia-ui test,the phone get stuck,the physic key is unavailable, touch the screen the phone has no response.After I use adb shell start b2g,the phone get normal,so I guess maybe the problem is ralated to the gaia-ui-test script,because there is "stop b2g " code in gaia_test.py.

The log is too big to add attachment,I'll try to give the log information later.

Comment 3

4 years ago
Well it sounds like stop works fine because there'd also be a timeout if the stop failed.

It sounds more likely that 'start' has failed and I've seen that on devices if it is flashed and not given the correct permissions to enable gaia-ui-tests to start the b2g process.

If you do "adb shell b2g-ps" in a terminal when the device is stuck you will probably not see:
/system/b2g/b2g
After you have done start b2g, you will see the process there again.

Can you try changing:
https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/master/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/gaiatest/gaia_test.py#L547
to: 
self.manager.shellCheckOutput(['start', 'b2g'], root=True)

but I'm not very confident of this.

Can you also attach a stacktrace of any erorrs you see here?

Comment 4

4 years ago
NB, on a Flame flashed by Mozilla scripts, my b2g process is:
APPLICATION      USER     PID   PPID  VSIZE  RSS     WCHAN    PC         NAME
b2g              root      26133 1     198624 94848 ffffffff b6ed863c S /system/b2g/b2g

it is running as root user. What is this for you?
(Reporter)

Comment 5

4 years ago
Hi Zac,
I have upload the log to ftp://ftp.spreadtrum.com/0-main-22-09-06.log
and ftp://ftp.spreadtrum.com/1-main-09-31-34.log

see from the log,the problem happens from "08-26 01:57:17.828 22108 22108 I Gecko   : MARIONETTE LOG: INFO: TEST-START: /home/apuser/B2G_7715/gaia/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/gaiatest/tests/functional/lockscreen/test_lockscreen_unlock_to_camera.py:test_unlock_to_camera
in 1-main-09-31-34.log.
(Reporter)

Comment 6

4 years ago
(In reply to Zac C (:zac) from comment #4)
> NB, on a Flame flashed by Mozilla scripts, my b2g process is:
> APPLICATION      USER     PID   PPID  VSIZE  RSS     WCHAN    PC         NAME
> b2g              root      26133 1     198624 94848 ffffffff b6ed863c S
> /system/b2g/b2g
> 
> it is running as root user. What is this for you?
Hi Zac,

When the issue happens adb shell b2g-ps:
APPLICATION    SEC USER     PID   PPID  VSIZE  RSS     WCHAN    PC         NAME
there is no APPLICATION at all

usually in a normal phone adb shell b2g-ps:
adb shell b2g-ps
APPLICATION    SEC USER     PID   PPID  VSIZE  RSS     WCHAN    PC         NAME
b2g              0 root      108   1     155156 70124 ffffffff 00000000 S /system/b2g/b2g
(Nuwa)           0 root      533   108   52144  21272 ffffffff 00000000 S /system/b2g/plugin-container
Homescreen       2 u0_a550   550   533   74748  28164 ffffffff 00000000 S /system/b2g/plugin-container
(Preallocated a  2 u0_a637   637   533   58328  18204 ffffffff 00000000 S /system/b2g/plugin-container
b2g is running as root user

Comment 7

4 years ago
(In reply to yaoyao.wu from comment #5)
> Hi Zac,
> I have upload the log to ftp://ftp.spreadtrum.com/0-main-22-09-06.log
> and ftp://ftp.spreadtrum.com/1-main-09-31-34.log
> 
> see from the log,the problem happens from "08-26 01:57:17.828 22108 22108 I
> Gecko   : MARIONETTE LOG: INFO: TEST-START:
> /home/apuser/B2G_7715/gaia/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/gaiatest/tests/
> functional/lockscreen/test_lockscreen_unlock_to_camera.py:
> test_unlock_to_camera
> in 1-main-09-31-34.log.

I can't see these logs, they are password protected sorry.

You can paste them into pastebin:
http://pastebin.mozilla.org/

but comment #6 confirms my suspicion that the test cannot run start b2g.
Do any of the tests run? If so, the stop/start is working but perhaps after a while the process crashes. The logcat will probably help here.
Flags: needinfo?(yaoyao.wu)
(Reporter)

Comment 9

4 years ago
(In reply to Dave Hunt (:davehunt) from comment #8)
> Do any of the tests run? If so, the stop/start is working but perhaps after
> a while the process crashes. The logcat will probably help here.
Hi Dave and Zac,

According to the log,after the issue appear there is no tests run.
I have put the log to  ftp://ftp.spreadtrum.com/0-main-22-09-06.log
and ftp://ftp.spreadtrum.com/1-main-09-31-34.log
I have sent the passcode to you by e-mail,then you can get the log.
(Reporter)

Updated

4 years ago
Flags: needinfo?(yaoyao.wu)

Comment 10

4 years ago
(In reply to yaoyao.wu from comment #9)
> (In reply to Dave Hunt (:davehunt) from comment #8)
> > Do any of the tests run? If so, the stop/start is working but perhaps after
> > a while the process crashes. The logcat will probably help here.
> Hi Dave and Zac,
> 
> According to the log,after the issue appear there is no tests run.
> I have put the log to  ftp://ftp.spreadtrum.com/0-main-22-09-06.log
> and ftp://ftp.spreadtrum.com/1-main-09-31-34.log
> I have sent the passcode to you by e-mail,then you can get the log.

Thanks but one of them is 260Mb (too big) and the other has no mention of Gecko in it at all so I couldn't find anything that helps us debug this.

The Python console stacktrace would also be of use.
(Reporter)

Comment 11

4 years ago
Hi Zac,

 Yes,there is no Gecko log in 0-main-22-09-06.log.
 Because the log file is too big,so I get the python log from 1-main-09-31-34.log,please see attachment     
 bug1059703.log.
 If you need any other information of the issue,just tell me.
 Thanks!
(Reporter)

Comment 12

4 years ago
Created attachment 8481738 [details]
bug1059703.log

I have put the 1-main-09-31-34.log.zip in ftp://ftp.spreadtrum.com which is smaller,you can have a try .
(Reporter)

Comment 13

4 years ago
Hi Zac,
   Do you have findings on this issue?
Thanks
Flags: needinfo?(zcampbell)

Comment 14

4 years ago
That's not the Python log, that's the adb log. The Python log is what is in the terminal after you've run the test.

I'm sorry there's no way I'm going to try and load a 260Mb text file.

If you get me the Python terminal log in one file, and in another file the logcat for just the span of time when it failed, then I'll look at it.
Flags: needinfo?(zcampbell)
(Reporter)

Comment 15

4 years ago
Hi Zac,

I'm so sorry for this problem.
Now I use split  the 260MB adblog file into 8 files(the biggest one is 38.7MB).Please see ftp://ftp.spreadtrum.com/7715/1059703/.If you still couldn't see it ,I'll split it into smaller ones.

The problem appear in main_log_af file, after that there is no Gecko and test log,the last logs before it failed is :

08-26 01:57:17.818 22108 22108 I Gecko   : 1409036237828        Marionette      DEBUG   Got request: execute, data: {"to":"0","sessionId":{"rotatable":true,"browserVersion":"30.0","takesScreenshot":true,"appBuildId":"20140822194356","cssSelectorsEnabled":true,"javascriptEnabled":true,"XULappId":"{3c2e2abc-06d4-11e1-ac3b-374f68613e61}","secureSsl":false,"platform":"ANDROID","browserName":"B2G","version":"30.0","device":"scx15_sp7715ga","b2g":true,"nativeEvents":false,"platformVersion":"30.0","takesElementScreenshot":true,"platformName":"ANDROID","handlesAlerts":false},"name":"executeScript","parameters":{"specialPowers":false,"scriptTimeout":null,"newSandbox":true,"args":[],"filename":"marionette_test.py","script":"log('TEST-START: /home/apuser/B2G_7715/gaia/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/gaiatest/tests/functional/lockscreen/test_lockscreen_unlock_to_camera.py:test_unlock_to_camera')","line":335}}, id: {ce8867b4-dc79-40b8-8368-0ecda1f0e257}
08-26 01:57:17.828 22108 22108 I Gecko   : MARIONETTE LOG: INFO: TEST-START: /home/apuser/B2G_7715/gaia/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/gaiatest/tests/functional/lockscreen/test_lockscreen_unlock_to_camera.py:test_unlock_to_camera
(Reporter)

Comment 16

4 years ago
(In reply to Zac C (:zac) from comment #3)
> Well it sounds like stop works fine because there'd also be a timeout if the
> stop failed.
> 
> It sounds more likely that 'start' has failed and I've seen that on devices
> if it is flashed and not given the correct permissions to enable
> gaia-ui-tests to start the b2g process.
> 
> If you do "adb shell b2g-ps" in a terminal when the device is stuck you will
> probably not see:
> /system/b2g/b2g
> After you have done start b2g, you will see the process there again.
> 
> Can you try changing:
> https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/master/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/
> gaiatest/gaia_test.py#L547
> to: 
> self.manager.shellCheckOutput(['start', 'b2g'], root=True)
> 
> but I'm not very confident of this.
> 
> Can you also attach a stacktrace of any erorrs you see here?

Hi Zac ,
Could you please help me to make sure which noe is the right one:
 
 change:
https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/master/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/gaiatest/gaia_test.py#L547
to: 
self.manager.shellCheckOutput(['start', 'b2g'], root=True)

or change
https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/master/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/gaiatest/gaia_test.py#L558
to: 
self.manager.shellCheckOutput(['start', 'b2g'], root=True)

Thanks a lot.
Flags: needinfo?(zcampbell)

Comment 17

4 years ago
(In reply to yaoyao.wu from comment #16)

> or change
> https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/master/tests/python/gaia-ui-tests/
> gaiatest/gaia_test.py#L558
> to: 
> self.manager.shellCheckOutput(['start', 'b2g'], root=True)
> 
> Thanks a lot.

This one.
Flags: needinfo?(zcampbell)
QA Whiteboard: [fxosqa-auto-backlog-]

Comment 18

8 months ago
Firefox OS is not being worked on
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 months ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.