Blue Screen of Death with HTML5 Player

UNCONFIRMED
Unassigned

Status

()

Core
Audio/Video: Playback
--
critical
UNCONFIRMED
3 years ago
2 years ago

People

(Reporter: Nasir, Unassigned)

Tracking

({crash, html5})

34 Branch
x86_64
Windows 7
crash, html5
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

270.09 KB, application/octet-stream
Details
(Reporter)

Description

3 years ago
Created attachment 8482968 [details]
BSOD Crash Report

So in the middle of playing a video with the HTML5 Player available at https://animetwist.net my computer suddenly crashed with a BSOD.

This only seems to happen with firefox also with the previous versions. I have disabled direct2d due to some other issues with bug #1057009

Even when having it enabled or disabled I seem to have this issue. This also occurred in previous stable releases of firefox.


Graphics Info: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=6sh1An02
(Reporter)

Updated

3 years ago
Keywords: crash, html5
(Reporter)

Comment 1

3 years ago
(In reply to Nasir from comment #0)
> Created attachment 8482968 [details]
> BSOD Crash Report
> 
> So in the middle of playing a video with the HTML5 Player available at
> https://animetwist.net my computer suddenly crashed with a BSOD.
> 
> This only seems to happen with firefox also with the previous versions. I
> have disabled direct2d due to some other issues with bug #1057009
> 
> Even when having it enabled or disabled I seem to have this issue. This also
> occurred in previous stable releases of firefox.
> 
> 
> Graphics Info: http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=6sh1An02

Woops old version of graphics info.
Please refer to this one instead! http://pastebin.com/raw.php?i=cQtdUXaW
Component: Web Apps → Video/Audio
Product: Firefox → Core
pastebin:

Adapter Description			AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Adapter Drivers				aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx32 aticfx32 aticfx32 atiumd64 atidxx64 atidxx64 atiumdag atidxx32 atidxx32 atiumdva atiumd6a atitmm64
Adapter RAM				3072
ClearType Parameters			Gamma: 2200 Pixel Structure: R ClearType Level: 100 Enhanced Contrast: 100
Device ID				0x679a
Direct2D Enabled			Blocked for your graphics driver version. Try updating your graphics driver to version ATI Catalyst 14.6+ or newer.
DirectWrite Enabled			false (6.1.7601.18245)
Driver Date				4-17-2014
Driver Version				14.100.0.0
GPU #2 Active				false
GPU Accelerated Windows			1/1 Direct3D 11 (OMTC)
Subsys ID				32211002
Vendor ID				0x1002
WebGL Renderer				Google Inc. -- ANGLE (AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
windowLayerManagerRemote		true
AzureCanvasBackend			skia
AzureContentBackend			cairo
AzureFallbackCanvasBackend		cairo
AzureSkiaAccelerated			0
(Reporter)

Comment 3

3 years ago
(In reply to Andrew McCreight [:mccr8] from comment #2)
> pastebin:
> 
> Adapter Description			AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
> Adapter Drivers				aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx32 aticfx32 aticfx32
> atiumd64 atidxx64 atidxx64 atiumdag atidxx32 atidxx32 atiumdva atiumd6a
> atitmm64
> Adapter RAM				3072
> ClearType Parameters			Gamma: 2200 Pixel Structure: R ClearType Level: 100
> Enhanced Contrast: 100
> Device ID				0x679a
> Direct2D Enabled			Blocked for your graphics driver version. Try updating
> your graphics driver to version ATI Catalyst 14.6+ or newer.
> DirectWrite Enabled			false (6.1.7601.18245)
> Driver Date				4-17-2014
> Driver Version				14.100.0.0
> GPU #2 Active				false
> GPU Accelerated Windows			1/1 Direct3D 11 (OMTC)
> Subsys ID				32211002
> Vendor ID				0x1002
> WebGL Renderer				Google Inc. -- ANGLE (AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
> Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
> windowLayerManagerRemote		true
> AzureCanvasBackend			skia
> AzureContentBackend			cairo
> AzureFallbackCanvasBackend		cairo
> AzureSkiaAccelerated			0

Sorry that's the old graphics report, please refer to the previous post.
I'll paste it here instead of pastebin for you.

Adapter Description			AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series
Adapter Drivers				aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx64 aticfx32 aticfx32 aticfx32 atiumd64 atidxx64 atidxx64 atiumdag atidxx32 atidxx32 atiumdva atiumd6a atitmm64
Adapter RAM				3072
ClearType Parameters			Gamma: 2200 Pixel Structure: R ClearType Level: 100 Enhanced Contrast: 100
Device ID				0x679a
DirectWrite Enabled			false (6.1.7601.18245)
Driver Date				8-11-2014
Driver Version				14.200.1004.0
GPU #2 Active				false
GPU Accelerated 			Windows	1/1 Direct3D 11 (OMTC)
Subsys ID				32211002
Vendor ID				0x1002
WebGL Renderer				Google Inc. -- ANGLE (AMD Radeon HD 7900 Series Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0)
windowLayerManagerRemote		true
AzureCanvasBackend			skia
AzureContentBackend			cairo
AzureFallbackCanvasBackend		cairo
AzureSkiaAccelerated			0
It sounds like there is something odd with your graphics drivers, and they might be blacklisted anyways.
Benoit, would blacklisting be appropriate here?  Who would do that?  Thanks.
Flags: needinfo?(bjacob)
Since it's on Windows with Direct3D 11, Bas is a good point to contact to start.
Flags: needinfo?(bjacob) → needinfo?(bas)
I doubt it's in any way security sensitive. I also doubt blacklisting could do anything here. Do you ever experience anything like this when playing video games? I suspect you might have a broken GPU, VRAM, or poor cooling abilities. Does this ever happen when playing video games or using GPU intensive websites on Internet Explorer? (Chrome doesn't use the GPU that much regardless of the website)
Flags: needinfo?(bas)
(Reporter)

Comment 8

3 years ago
(In reply to Bas Schouten (:bas.schouten) from comment #7)
> I doubt it's in any way security sensitive. I also doubt blacklisting could
> do anything here. Do you ever experience anything like this when playing
> video games? I suspect you might have a broken GPU, VRAM, or poor cooling
> abilities. Does this ever happen when playing video games or using GPU
> intensive websites on Internet Explorer? (Chrome doesn't use the GPU that
> much regardless of the website)

Nope, in fact I have tried out some GPU intensive webgl stress tests and never experienced a BSOD neither for any of the games. I'd say that the cooling inside my PC is relatively stable all the time (MAX Temps: ~60C when gaming). I have heard of a several other users of the site that they have had the same problem before so I suggested to them to use chrome instead which seemed to have gotten rid of the problem.
Group: core-security
Component: Audio/Video → Audio/Video: Playback
Updating drivers may help.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.