Closed Bug 10623 Opened 20 years ago Closed 20 years ago

There is no autocompletion done for Display name

Categories

(SeaMonkey :: MailNews: Address Book & Contacts, defect, P3)

x86
Windows NT
defect

Tracking

(Not tracked)

VERIFIED FIXED

People

(Reporter: marina, Assigned: hangas)

Details

There is no autocompletion done for Display name in today's windows build
1999-07-27-08 M9.
Steps to reproduce:
-open a New card from the Address Book;
-type first Name
(//note: nothing appears in Display field);
-type Last Name:
//note: nothing appears in Display field;
so Display field is empty (it might be designed that you can enter there
whatever you want which makes sense but it was working in previous builds)
QA Contact: lchiang → esther
Summary: There is no autocompletion done for Display name → There is no autocompletion done for Display name
QA assigned to Esther.
Marina, in the 7/26 and 7/27 builds I used,  the cards did not display the
fields at all (see bug 10499) and in today's builds 7/28 the cards (New or Edit)
don't even come up.  However in an eariler bug on 7/22 this behaviour was noted
(bug 10320).  Is it possible you have the wrong build number for this bug?
i'm looking at 1999-07-27-08 M9 now and ABcard has all field on the first tab
(Name), it is different for the second one (Address) but First, Last and Display
name fields are all present in 07-27 build
OK, I used the 1999072712m9 build and they were squished up.  However, in
today's build, they don't even come up.  So I will log a new bug for the card
dialogs  not displaying.  When that gets fixed, we'll check to see 10499 & 10320
are fixed too.  Even though this scenario is mentioned in 10320, we'll check
this one too.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Target Milestone: M9
OK, this bug as first stated is still a bug in the 19990730 (necko) builds on
all platforms.  There is no autocompletion done for Display name.
Previous comment may be confusing.  This is STILL a bug.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 20 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Fixed.  JS engine changed and some of my JS that used to work was failing.  I

adjusted the code to be properly formatted and it is working now.
Using the 1999080212 win95 build this is fixed.  I still need to check the other
platforms, waiting to verify.
Using the 1999080212 mac build this is fixed.  I still need to check linux still
waiting to verify.
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Using 1999080408 on linux this is now working.  I will now verify this bug.
Product: Browser → Seamonkey
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.