When issuing a badge there's no option to write in a response; that the default English response is emailed out automatically. This is especially helpful for non-english speaking individuals!
Matt, is this doable?
* sorry for slow reply on this * Amira: I'm not sure I fully understand the change you'd like us to make. Can you explain?
* do you mean: the current default boilerplate email response *forces* English into the email? * and that we should provide an option to remove that forced English copy?
* The [oct3] train has now left the station. So please update the whiteboard with [oct17], or whatever train you're now planning to put this on. Thanks!
* I don't understand what's required to fix this ticket
If I issue a badge to someone online through the Webmaker.org/badges section I can't actually edit the response that person gets. So if I were issuing a badge to someone in Japan who doesn't read english well, they will get an automated email that makes no sense to them. As opposed to me putting in a sentence or two in Japanese that explains the badge or why they got it.
* I'm assuming this ticket is now in the icebox. Meaning: no one is actively working in it further, until further notice * please update if that's wrong
Webmaker badges has been deprecated for a while now. We're working towards retiring the Webmaker Product on bugzilla, so I'm closing this issue.