Created attachment 8487192 [details] example.jpg User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/37.0.2062.94 Safari/537.36 OPR/24.0.1558.53 (Edition Campaign 18) Steps to reproduce: I just launched the program as usual. No updates happened prior to this issue arising. I've attempted to uninstall and reinstall Firefox, but it didn't correct the problem. Actual results: A black bar appears on the right. Browser buttons cannot be clicked on directly. You have to click them off to the right side. All menus and error message boxes appear with a distorted graphic to the right.
Are you using a special them in Firefox or in Windows 7? Could you test with HWA disabled (restart Firefox to apply). http://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/forum-response-disable-hardware-acceleration In addition, open about:support and copy the section "graphics" here.
There are no special themes used in Firefox or Windows. I have disabled the HWA, and that fixed the problem. Thanks! Here is the information you requested. I am copying this after I shut off the HWA, if that helps. ====== Adapter Description Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics Adapter Drivers igdumd64 igd10umd64 igd10umd64 igdumdx32 igd10umd32 igd10umd32 Adapter RAM Unknown Device ID 0x0116 DirectWrite Enabled false (6.2.9200.16492) Driver Date 3-31-2011 Driver Version 8.813.1.0 GPU #2 Active false GPU Accelerated Windows 0/1 Basic Vendor ID 0x8086 WebGL Renderer Google Inc. -- ANGLE (Mobile Intel(R) HD Graphics Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0) windowLayerManagerRemote false AzureCanvasBackend skia AzureContentBackend cairo AzureFallbackCanvasBackend cairo AzureSkiaAccelerated 0
Ok, but disabling is only a "bad" workaround because HWA is useful to render the content and UI. I see your Intel drivers are pretty old, could you try to update them if possible: https://downloadcenter.intel.com/SearchResult.aspx?lang=&ProductID=3319&ProdId=3319 (verify they are compatible for your Intel HD Graphics). Atfer that, renable HWA ad test again.
I have updated the drivers and renabled the HWA. The browser seems to be running smoothly. Thank you,
Just for the record, could you paste here the new "graphics" section in about:support (it could help in the future).
Adapter Description Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 Adapter Drivers igdumd64 igd10umd64 igd10umd64 igdumd32 igd10umd32 igd10umd32 Adapter RAM Unknown Device ID 0x0116 Direct2D Enabled true DirectWrite Enabled true (6.2.9200.16492) Driver Date 3-20-2014 Driver Version 184.108.40.20617 GPU #2 Active false GPU Accelerated Windows 1/1 Direct3D 10 Vendor ID 0x8086 WebGL Renderer Google Inc. -- ANGLE (Intel(R) HD Graphics 3000 Direct3D9Ex vs_3_0 ps_3_0) windowLayerManagerRemote false AzureCanvasBackend direct2d AzureContentBackend direct2d AzureFallbackCanvasBackend cairo AzureSkiaAccelerated 0
Thanks, your GPU is better identified now.