Closed Bug 1067871 Opened 5 years ago Closed 5 years ago

Run tests against KitKat builds

Categories

(Firefox OS Graveyard :: Gaia::UI Tests, defect)

ARM
Gonk (Firefox OS)
defect
Not set

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED FIXED

People

(Reporter: davehunt, Unassigned)

References

Details

Attachments

(4 files)

We need to establish if there are any issues when running the tests against KitKat builds. For this we should perform a flash using the v180 base build and then full flash the appropriate build on top. We should test all branches currently in use in automation using as close to the same configuration (for example, memory allocation).
I have run performance tests using b2gperf against the tinderbox builds for b2g-inbound, mozilla-aurora, and mozilla-b2g32_v2_0 with no unexpected issues. Once nightly builds are available for these I will repeat the testing using the new builds.
Blocks: 1067875
I ran the smoke test on B2G-inbound on a flame with  v180 + shallow flash b2g-Inbound

Flash command: 
    ./flash_tbpl.py -d flame-kk -v b2g-inbound --eng -G -g

Build info:
    Gaia      bc48cbd9e7b871cc648a525761bd6d512e91d741
    Gecko     https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/b2g-inbound/rev/368d56884b3a
    BuildID   20140916002244
    Version   35.0a1
    ro.build.date   Thu Sep 4 14:59:02 CST 2014
    ro.bootloader   L1TC10011800
    ro.build.version.incremental   27



Tests run as expected without any major issues
Bebe: Thanks, can you also run with full flash as mentioned in comment 0? Also, please test the tinderbox builds for mozilla-aurora and mozilla-b2g32_v2_0.
Yes Dave Running the tests now for both shallow and full flash 

I'm adding the results as test runs finish
Ran tests on v180 + full flash b2g-Inbound 

Flash command:
   ./flash_tbpl.py -d flame-kk -v b2g-inbound --eng -f
Build info:
  Gaia      25616a8cf9ab2cc98cb5e4d5323a3537a96d14a2
  Gecko     https://hg.mozilla.org/integration/b2g-inbound/rev/693b8e8605e2
  BuildID   20140916013747
  Version   35.0a1
  ro.build.date   Tue Sep 16 04:54:22 EDT 2014
  ro.bootloader   L1TC10011800
  ro.build.version.incremental   eng.cltbld.20140916.045411

Tests run as expected without any major issues
Ran tests on v180 + full flash mozilla-central

Flash command:
   ./flash_tbpl.py -d flame-kk -v mozilla-central --eng -f
Build info:
  Gaia      e2d70bee03b5380ac327a145e5d694fb2443f018
  Gecko     https://hg.mozilla.org/mozilla-central/rev/0e581e529fd6
  BuildID   20140915201445
  Version   35.0a1
  ro.build.date   Mon Sep 15 23:24:28 EDT 2014
  ro.bootloader   L1TC10011800
  ro.build.version.incremental   eng.cltbld.20140915.232418

Tests run as expected green build
Ran tests on v180 + shallow flash mozilla-central

Flash command:
   ./flash_tbpl.py -d flame-kk -v mozilla-central --eng -G -g

Build info:

  Device firmware (date) 	04 Sep 2014 09:59:02
  Device firmware (incremental) 	27
  Device firmware (release) 	4.4.2
  Device identifier 	flame
  Gaia date 	15 Sep 2014 20:39:43
  Gaia revision 	e2d70bee03b5
  Gecko build 	20140915201445
  Gecko revision 	0e581e529fd6
  Gecko version 	35.0a1

Tests run as expected there was a crash but not related with the current bug
Ran tests on v180 + full flash mozilla-aurora

Flash command:
   ./flash_tbpl.py -d flame-kk -v mozilla-aurora --eng -f
Build info:
  Gaia      5decbb091f09977aa7cdddd8bc4eca0a9b5e9fbe
  Gecko     https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-aurora/rev/932702704ff7
  BuildID   20140916024235
  Version   34.0a2
  ro.build.date   Tue Sep 16 07:31:27 EDT 2014
  ro.bootloader   L1TC10011800
  ro.build.version.incremental   eng.cltbld.20140916.073116


Tests run as expected without any major issues
Ran tests on v180 + full flash mozilla-b2g32_v2_0

Flash command:
   ./flash_tbpl.py -d flame-kk -v mozilla-b2g32_v2_0 --eng -f
Build info:
Gaia      7edd3b0b9f65c3dde235c732d270e43e055a1254
Gecko     https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/mozilla-b2g32_v2_0/rev/0ef9688da1b6
BuildID   20140916051646
Version   32.0
ro.build.date   Tue Sep 16 08:35:56 EDT 2014
ro.bootloader   L1TC10011800
ro.build.version.incremental   eng.cltbld.20140916.083545


Tests run as expected without any major issues
Thanks Bebe, this gives us great confidence for b2g-i builds.

We'll begin to run b2g-i tests on KK.

We'll need to re-test again with m-c in the future, thus leaving this bug open.
All b2g-i jobs on Jenkins have now been migrated to use KK base and KK gecko/gaia. 

Now I'm just managing the ratio of nodes for KK/JB jobs.
Assignee: florin.strugariu → nobody
All tests are OK on the nightly builds.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Closed: 5 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.