i'm not sure why, but the hack alecf put in for win98 systems isn't quite creating the right reqincs.inc file: D:\mozilla\string\obsolete>cat reqincs.inc REQINCS=-I....distinclude\1 -I....distinclude\1 i'm working on a fix (unless, of course, the right fix is just to fix the makefiles to use the right include macros in the first place, instead of running perl for every makefile.win file to fix the incorrect includes; i'll take advice for which is the right fix :)
cc'ing jon and chris, who have both taken a swing at this.
Try this in the Win95 section: REQINCS1=REQINCS=-I $(XPDIST)/include/$(REQUIRES: = -I$(XPDIST^)/include/) !if [echo.dummy $(REQINCS1) > reqincs.inc] !endif Make it say echo.dummy It was working ok for me but I got tired of Win9X hanging if I tried to use IE and compile at the same time so I switched to 2K.
FrodoB tried the echo.dummy thing but it only expanded the first set of headers or something like that. I don't have a win98 with a build system so I'm kinda shooting in the dark here. *** This bug has been marked as a duplicate of 103460 ***
Both solutions worked for me on Win98