User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux x86_64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/36.0.1985.143 Safari/537.36 Steps to reproduce: I am remotely debugging my Firefox-for-Android extension, but everytime I change my code I have to install it in the mobile browser and then close and open it. If I don't close the browser, the changes are displayed, but the source code I debug is not updated. E.g. I did some changes: I aded a new message. When I install it, the extension displays the new message, but the desktop-remote debugger doesn't see that new line of code. I closed the connection and opened a new one and still the same results. I closed the desktop browser and open again, connected the debugger and the same result. Actual results: The only thing that reaload the source code displayed in debugger is closing and opening the mobile browser, once the extension is installed. Expected results: The code should be reloaded after extension installation.
Summary: remote debugger doesn't update the code → remote debugger doesn't update the code when debugging an extension
Mossop, is this a bug with add-on debugging?
I would guess so yes. Probably somewhere in the debugger server we assume that a URL only ever points to one script.
(In reply to Dave Townsend [:mossop] from comment #2) > I would guess so yes. Probably somewhere in the debugger server we assume > that a URL only ever points to one script. This may be a duplicate of bug 893696. My suspicion is that we cache the sources too agressively (we do some magic with caching in the debugger server to make source maps work correctly, and we use the same code to fetch sources). Leaving this bug open for now because it's not certain if this has the same underlying cause or not.
Or duplicate of bug 1065952...
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.