We are trying to move this to a page part of Webmaker.org site https://blog.webmaker.org/hack-your-school The problem is that the screenshot is not appealing when we put them on the site, and we need a better one or some custom illustrations.
Cassie, I'm not sure the process of requesting design assets here... Is this the right way to do?
This is a fine way, Ali. Will help me if you know when it needs to be done by? Will also wait to see if you can utilize the 2-column approach from Made w/ Code... I can assign this once I see another iteration.
Created attachment 8498574 [details] https://redpen.io/ekbb0df85449bdd067 I have new version for Mobile and Desktop up for review again. This is probably need to be done by this Friday if I'm not mistaken.
Comment on attachment 8498574 [details] https://redpen.io/ekbb0df85449bdd067 Have left some comments for Ali / the build, but mostly I don't think the content is quite right yet for this exercise. This needs to be a very narrowed, guided experience, with a clearer ask at the end. I think we need more time to create the assets and tweak the content here. Matt, possible to finalize this for the next train?
* Cassie: are you requesting copy re-write? I'm not sure what you mean by "content"
By content I mean words and images. Have a look at the redpen.
* Ok thanks Cassie -- good point. Hannah / ErikaD: can you update the copy?
Matt, where is the non-mobile version of this? I need to see the *final* "Hack Your School" tutorial that the wizard is pointing to.
Created attachment 8501880 [details] https://redpen.io/p/ncf8bc309a75686345 Copy is not final, so I'm putting this up as Feedback
* Erika: I don't know. Let's ask Ricardo.
I'm a little bit confused. Wouldn't it be the page that I just designed? https://redpen.io/p/ncf8bc309a75686345
* Tweaked and final copy is here: https://blog.webmaker.org/hack-your-school * ErikaD: can you do a final proof on that? Doesn't need a heavy edit -- just a final proofread.
* Two notes on the (beautiful) design in: https://redpen.io/p/ncf8bc309a75686345 (added both of these to Redpen) 1) There's no embedded make. We don't have an embedded Make for this -- it's a Goggles activity. So the embedded make currently in the left hand column will probably have to come out, or change to something else. (Cassie: can you advise) 2) The first step in this activity is to install the X-Ray Goggles. So if there's a way to make that easier for people with the design, awesome. (Could embed the Goggles right in this page, to make it easy for them to drag the bookmarklet onto their toolbar?) But whatever design decides is right for that is fine -- just wanted to flag that that's the first step in the experience we're trying to walk people through.
Copy looks good. Made a slight tweak to the Tweet instructions. Cassie, can you make sure this section is updated in the mobile version as well? New copy: Tweet it. Share the link to your hacked version of the site with the #webmaker hashtag. Who’s got the most creative remix?
Ricardo, any updates on the graphics? We should hop on vidyo today to discuss.
Hey Matt, For #1. Embedded make has been removed For #2. We can embed the button right in the page, but on mobile we'll need to display a banner or alert saying that the activity won't work on Mobile, cool?
* Nice! Thanks Ricardo. Sounds great.
* Ricardo: question: once this is done, are we going to use this template for the other two activities as well? "Make a Music Video" and "Private Eye" as well? * (And if so: want me to file separate tickets for those?) https://blog.webmaker.org/music_video https://blog.webmaker.org/maker-party-private-eye
* Need to change the title from "Hack your school" to "Remix your school"
Created attachment 8506447 [details] https://redpen.io/wsb3f0d8304af61562 Made some significant changes. * New feature image style * updated x-ray goggles illustrations * moved step 1 into a 'before you start' panel in the left column * through the above change, and integrating the bonus exercise into an existing step, was able to reduce the steps from 7 to 4. * footer, as before, presents a single badge Matt if these changes make sense to you I'll save out assets tonight so Ali can swap them in. Everything should be straightforward to implement (Ali, let me know if I'm mistaken).
Cassie, I left my comments in Red Pen. Minor stuff so I'm R+
* Looking awesome guys. Can we mark this resolved, so that we move on to build?
Cool, I addressed the redpen comments, now will just save out assets then close. Thanks guys!
Created attachment 8506526 [details] https://redpen.io/wsb3f0d8304af61562 The latest.
Assets are here: https://www.dropbox.com/sh/oxfew72t43tpc8a/AAAMWfhUUnb0h5RzZo92DBxka?dl=0 Final reference design: https://redpen.io/wsb3f0d8304af61562