Closed Bug 1087305 Opened 10 years ago Closed 10 years ago

[B2G][Telephony] groupchange and callschanged events notified when mozTelephony.calls and mozTelephony.conferenceGroup.calls are []

Categories

(Firefox OS Graveyard :: RIL, defect)

ARM
Gonk (Firefox OS)
defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED INVALID

People

(Reporter: gtorodelvalle, Unassigned)

References

Details

As discussed in bug 977056 (and more concretely in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=977056#c59 the current event notification and data flow can be confusing for the API user in the case a participant leaves a conference call amongst 3 parties.

As described in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=977056#c52 , the current workflow notifies a couple of events (5) and (6) (see the already mentioned comment) where the mozTelephony.calls and mozTelephony.conferenceGroup.calls are [] when they should probably be:

(5) call1 is notified the groupchange event (Event param => call1, state: connected, group: the_conference_call)

telephony.calls: 0
conference.calls: 1
 - call1, connected, in group: Yes


(6) conference is notified the callschanged event (Event param => call1, state: connected, group: the_conference_call)

telephony.calls: 0
conference.calls: 1
 - call1, connected, in group: Yes

To some extent, this bug can be considered a follow-up of bug 1059649 ;) so I'll include the dependency just in case this bug is uplifted.
Depends on: 1059649
Need-infoing Hsin-Yi to check if the proposed data snapshot is the right one ;) Thanks!
Flags: needinfo?(htsai)
(In reply to Germán Toro del Valle from comment #0)
> As discussed in bug 977056 (and more concretely in
> https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=977056#c59 the current event
> notification and data flow can be confusing for the API user in the case a
> participant leaves a conference call amongst 3 parties.
> 
> As described in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=977056#c52 ,
> the current workflow notifies a couple of events (5) and (6) (see the
> already mentioned comment) where the mozTelephony.calls and
> mozTelephony.conferenceGroup.calls are [] when they should probably be:
> 
> (5) call1 is notified the groupchange event (Event param => call1, state:
> connected, group: the_conference_call)
> 
> telephony.calls: 0
> conference.calls: 1
>  - call1, connected, in group: Yes
> 
> 

Oh, no, I think the expected result is:

telephony.calls: 1
 - call1, connected, in group: No
conference.calls: 0

We are talking about the case that call2 is released from a group that forces the last call1 to leave the group as well.

Does the behaviour make sense?

> (6) conference is notified the callschanged event (Event param => call1,
> state: connected, group: the_conference_call)
> 
> telephony.calls: 0
> conference.calls: 1
>  - call1, connected, in group: Yes
> 

ditto.

> To some extent, this bug can be considered a follow-up of bug 1059649 ;) so
> I'll include the dependency just in case this bug is uplifted.

The weird behaviour exists since bug 772765. This isn't a follow-up of bug 1059649, but bug 772765.
Flags: needinfo?(htsai)
Depends on: 772765
No longer depends on: 1059649
(In reply to Hsin-Yi Tsai [:hsinyi] from comment #2)
> (In reply to Germán Toro del Valle from comment #0)
> > As discussed in bug 977056 (and more concretely in
> > https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=977056#c59 the current event
> > notification and data flow can be confusing for the API user in the case a
> > participant leaves a conference call amongst 3 parties.
> > 
> > As described in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=977056#c52 ,
> > the current workflow notifies a couple of events (5) and (6) (see the
> > already mentioned comment) where the mozTelephony.calls and
> > mozTelephony.conferenceGroup.calls are [] when they should probably be:
> > 
> > (5) call1 is notified the groupchange event (Event param => call1, state:
> > connected, group: the_conference_call)
> > 
> > telephony.calls: 0
> > conference.calls: 1
> >  - call1, connected, in group: Yes
> > 
> > 
> 
> Oh, no, I think the expected result is:
> 
> telephony.calls: 1
>  - call1, connected, in group: No
> conference.calls: 0
> 
> We are talking about the case that call2 is released from a group that
> forces the last call1 to leave the group as well.
> 
> Does the behaviour make sense?
> 

Yeah, I thought about that option too but I thought it would be better to have an uniform and stable snapshot of the data during all the events notified when a participant of a 3 party conference call leaves the call. And since according to https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=977056#c48 :

[ call2.ongroupchange ]
telephony: 0
conference: 1
 - call1, connected, group:+

[ conference.oncallschanged(call2) ]
telephony: 0
conference: 1
 - call1, connected, group:+

[ call2.onstatechange ]
telephony: 0
conference: 1
 - call1, connected, group:+

[ call2.disconnected ]
telephony: 0
conference: 1
 - call1, connected, group:+

I opted for the same data in this event notification too.

To this regard, I do prefer the option you mention :) My only remark would be to align the suggested data (telephony.calls: 1, call1, connected, in group: No, conference.calls: 0, which I agree is the right one since the conference call is over) to be also available when the rest of the events are notified.

To this regard, I included a suggestion in https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=977056#c72 we can discuss there (so we can refer to the sequence diagram :)) and come back here with the results ;)

> > (6) conference is notified the callschanged event (Event param => call1,
> > state: connected, group: the_conference_call)
> > 
> > telephony.calls: 0
> > conference.calls: 1
> >  - call1, connected, in group: Yes
> > 
> 
> ditto.
> 
> > To some extent, this bug can be considered a follow-up of bug 1059649 ;) so
> > I'll include the dependency just in case this bug is uplifted.
> 
> The weird behaviour exists since bug 772765. This isn't a follow-up of bug
> 1059649, but bug 772765.
I'll set this bug as INVALID since once the patch for bug 1089534 lands it will solve the issue of having mozTelephony.calls and mozTelephony.conferenceGroup.calls as [] at the same time when some of the events were notified.

On the other hand, I'll file a new bug once bug 977056 lands (not to make more noise around it :) ) with some suggestions I have about the current event notification and data flow, but I'll leave it as it is for the time being since the current one is good enough and it let us solve some of our most important bugs we currently have :)

Thanks!
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 10 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.