PLEventQueue (plevent.h, plevent.c) was part of NSPR before. I moved it to mozilla/xpcom/threads right before the NSPR 4.0 release, but I did not change the contents of the files. Therefore, the event receiver window of PLEventQueue is still created with the window class name "NSPR:EventReceiver". Several bugs have been filed about the event receiver window hanging around after the Mozilla client exits. Because of the "NSPR:EventReceiver" window class name, these bugs were assigned to the NSPR product and I had to reassign them to the right product (Browser). Therefore, I'd like to change the event receiver window class name to prevent future confusion. I propose changing "NSPR" to "PLEventQueue". I will attach a patch.
Comment on attachment 57275 [details] [diff] [review] Proposed patch. Change "NSPR" to "PLEventQueue". Two comments on my patch. 1. An alternative is to change "NSPR" to "XPCOM". Let me know which one you prefer: "PLEventQueue" or "XPCOM". 2. I found a DllMain() function in plevent.c, with the original comment saying "for the NSPR DLL". I just changed it to say "for the DLL" because I don't know what the DLL name is.
use XPCOM, instead of PLEventQueue. The dll's name is XPCOM, but your comment is also correct.
Created attachment 57673 [details] [diff] [review] Proposed patch. Change "NSPR" to "XPCOM". I incorporated Doug T's suggestion.
Comment on attachment 57673 [details] [diff] [review] Proposed patch. Change "NSPR" to "XPCOM". should have been done when plevents moved to xpcom.
Attachment #57673 - Flags: review+
Comment on attachment 57673 [details] [diff] [review] Proposed patch. Change "NSPR" to "XPCOM". sr=alecf
Attachment #57673 - Flags: superreview+
I checked in the patch, set target milestone to mozilla0.9.7, and marked the bug fixed.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Hardware: All → PC
Resolution: --- → FIXED
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla0.9.7
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.