Closed Bug 1097474 Opened 6 years ago Closed 6 years ago

When opening about:home, the dev-channel icon is displayed for an instant, before being replaced by the regular stable-channel icon.

Categories

(Firefox :: General, defect)

36 Branch
defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

()

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

People

(Reporter: johan.charlez, Unassigned)

References

Details

(Whiteboard: [devedition-polish])

Attachments

(2 files)

If you open about:home on the dev-channel you might catch the dev-channel icon before it's replaced by the standard (stable-channel) firefox icon.
What do you use to play this video? Neither Firefox nor iTunes on my mac deal with it, and it seems awfully small for a video that should have 2 reloads (34k).
Flags: needinfo?(johan.charlez)
Attached video Video2
Uploading a considerably larger video, any luck playing this one?
Are you on Mac/Lin? Is .mp4/x264 perhaps not supported on whichever platform you're on?

(In reply to :Gijs Kruitbosch from comment #1)
> What do you use to play this video? Neither Firefox nor iTunes on my mac
> deal with it, and it seems awfully small for a video that should have 2
> reloads (34k).

It plays fine in Firefox Beta on Windows and Android. It also plays in VLC for Windows. I'm not sure how I managed to make it so small. :D
Flags: needinfo?(johan.charlez)
(In reply to Johan C from comment #2)
> Created attachment 8521384 [details]
> Video2
> 
> Uploading a considerably larger video, any luck playing this one?
> Are you on Mac/Lin? Is .mp4/x264 perhaps not supported on whichever platform
> you're on?

Mac, but it should work - otherwise, I don't see why Firefox is offering to play it in the first place. On beta though...

> 
> (In reply to :Gijs Kruitbosch from comment #1)
> > What do you use to play this video? Neither Firefox nor iTunes on my mac
> > deal with it, and it seems awfully small for a video that should have 2
> > reloads (34k).
> 
> It plays fine in Firefox Beta on Windows and Android. It also plays in VLC
> for Windows. I'm not sure how I managed to make it so small. :D

Plays in VLC on mac, including the small one. Thanks. :-)
(In reply to :Gijs Kruitbosch from comment #3)
> Mac, but it should work - otherwise, I don't see why Firefox is offering to
> play it in the first place. On beta though...

Maybe that's worth filing a buf for? O.o

(In reply to :Gijs Kruitbosch from comment #3)
> Plays in VLC on mac, including the small one. Thanks. :-)

I'm curious, did the larger file play alright in Firefox?
FWIW I don't think this is DevEdition specific - I see the same thing on my Nightly build
(In reply to Brian Grinstead [:bgrins] from comment #5)
> FWIW I don't think this is DevEdition specific - I see the same thing on my
> Nightly build

I can confirm this.
It's not just the regular icon though, it has foxy animations and stuff. I don't know if this is something we should fix... It looks like an about:home snippet thing.
Yeah, this is a temporary about:home snippet animation. It should be gone when the anniversary stuff is done.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.