[FFOS2.0][SMS]SMS can't distinguish the SIM1 and SIM2 when receive SMS from the same number.

RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 976091

Status

Firefox OS
Gaia::SMS
P2
normal
RESOLVED DUPLICATE of bug 976091
4 years ago
4 years ago

People

(Reporter: sync-1, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

Attachments

(4 attachments)

(Reporter)

Description

4 years ago
DEFECT DESCRIPTION:
 >SMS can't distinguish the SIM1 and SIM2 when receive SMS from the same number.
 
  REPRODUCING PROCEDURES:
 1. SIM1 receive a message from A
 2. SIM2 also receive a message from A.
 
  EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR:
 Both message list in one message thread, and go into this thread, message from SIM1 and SIM2 with different icon.
 
 >61346
 
  ASSOCIATE SPECIFICATION:
  TEST PLAN REFERENCE:
  TOOLS AND PLATFORMS USED:
  USER IMPACT:
  REPRODUCING RATE:
  For FT PR, Please list reference mobile's behavior:
(Reporter)

Comment 1

4 years ago
Created attachment 8526572 [details]
screen
So what is the issue here? Is the issue that you only have one item in the notification screen?

Currently we display one item per thread, independant from which SIM it was received from. You should have the SIM number for the latest message though.

NI Jenny on this issue. Note that we already planned some changed in bug 1082546 but didn't discuss about DSDS case, so maybe we should.
Flags: needinfo?(jelee)

Comment 3

4 years ago
Created attachment 8526611 [details]
dsds.png

Hi there,
We are already showing which SIM card the message is sent to in message bubble (if this is what you're asking about), see attached screenshot. Thanks!
Flags: needinfo?(jelee)
(Reporter)

Comment 4

4 years ago
but in our firefox 2.0 phone,we can't see sim index in message bubble.
 (see attachment)
(Reporter)

Comment 5

4 years ago
Created an attachment (id=1034217)
 sms bubble, no sim index
(Reporter)

Comment 6

4 years ago
Created an attachment (id=1034217)
 sms bubble, no sim index
(Reporter)

Comment 7

4 years ago
Created attachment 8526638 [details]
sms bubble, no sim index

Created an attachment (id=1034217)
 sms bubble, no sim index
(Reporter)

Comment 8

4 years ago
Created an attachment (id=1034268)
 there is no sim index
(Reporter)

Comment 9

4 years ago
Created an attachment (id=1034268)
 there is no sim index
(Reporter)

Comment 10

4 years ago
Created attachment 8526646 [details]
there is no sim index

Created an attachment (id=1034268)
 there is no sim index
Ok so I confused with notifications here.

I checked and we implemented this in bug 976091. So it's sadly not in v2.0.

I think it should be reasonnably safe to pick it up in your build, because I don't remember this caused regression...
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 976091
(Reporter)

Comment 13

4 years ago
(In reply to comment #7)
 > Comment from Mozilla:Ok so I confused with notifications here.
 > 
 > I checked and we implemented this in bug 976091. So it's sadly not in v2.0.
 > 
 > I think it should be reasonnably safe to pick it up in your build, because I
 > don't remember this caused regression...
 > 
 
 can you attach all of files to us?
 looks like it's a very big change & I can't see gaia change from Bug 976091
(In reply to sync-1 from comment #13)
> (In reply to comment #7)
>  > Comment from Mozilla:Ok so I confused with notifications here.
>  > 
>  > I checked and we implemented this in bug 976091. So it's sadly not in
> v2.0.
>  > 
>  > I think it should be reasonnably safe to pick it up in your build,
> because I
>  > don't remember this caused regression...
>  > 
>  
>  can you attach all of files to us?
>  looks like it's a very big change & I can't see gaia change from Bug 976091

Hmm, patch from bug 976091 is pretty small IMO and should not have any conflicts when applied to v2.0. 

Please see [1] or [2] for the patch details. You can apply and test if it works for you.

[1] attachment 8472391 [details] [review] (PR from bug 976091)
[2] https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/commit/167b5671ddadb4b5aee06922a077f0d7e734bab0.patch
(Reporter)

Comment 15

4 years ago
(In reply to comment #10)
 > Comment from Mozilla:(In reply to sync-1 from comment #13)
 > > (In reply to comment #7)
 > >  > Comment from Mozilla:Ok so I confused with notifications here.
 > >  > 
 > >  > I checked and we implemented this in bug 976091. So it's sadly not in
 > > v2.0.
 > >  > 
 > >  > I think it should be reasonnably safe to pick it up in your build,
 > > because I
 > >  > don't remember this caused regression...
 > >  > 
 > >  
 > >  can you attach all of files to us?
 > >  looks like it's a very big change & I can't see gaia change from Bug 976091
 > 
 > Hmm, patch from bug 976091 is pretty small IMO and should not have any
 > conflicts when applied to v2.0. 
 > 
 > Please see [1] or [2] for the patch details. You can apply and test if it works
 > for you.
 > 
 > [1] attachment 8472391 [details] [review] (PR from bug 976091)
 > [2]
 > https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/commit/167b5671ddadb4b5aee06922a077f0d7e734bab0.patch
 > 
 
 I have merged this patch in our code.but it's can't work.
 "simInformationHTML" can't get value.
 so, I add some code in "apps/sms/js/thread_ui.js"
 
 like this:
 ....
 safe: ['bodyHTML', 'simInformationHTML']
 });
 var timeNode = messageDOM.querySelector('time');	
 TimeHeaders.update(timeNode);
 var simIndex = navigator.mozIccManager.iccIds.length;
 if (simIndex > 1) {
 var simNode = document.createElement('span');
 simNode.textContent = 'SIM'+ (simServiceId + 1);
 timeNode.parentNode.insertBefore(simNode, timeNode.parentNode.firstChild);	
 }....
 I test it,works fine. how do you think a bout it?
 if we can do it like that?
Oleg, can you quickly look if you can get a working patch for v2.0?

I don't really like the proposed solution in comment 15...

Maybe one issue is that the "sim-id-label" l10n key is not existing in v2.0?
Flags: needinfo?(azasypkin)
(In reply to Julien Wajsberg [:julienw] from comment #16)
> Oleg, can you quickly look if you can get a working patch for v2.0?
> 
> I don't really like the proposed solution in comment 15...
> 
> Maybe one issue is that the "sim-id-label" l10n key is not existing in v2.0?

Original patch should be modified in the following way:

* We don't have "sim-id-label" in v2.0, so v2.0 patch uses old "sim-name" that doesn't have space between "SIM" label and SIM number. I guess it's too late to introduce new l10n string;

* navigator.l10n.translate(messageDOM) is returned back as we don't use MutationObservers for l10n in v2.0.


Hey @sync-1@bugzilla.tld, can you try patch from [1]?


[1] https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/pull/26473.patch (PR is attached in bug 976091, attachment 8528973 [details] [review])
Flags: needinfo?(azasypkin) → needinfo?(sync-1)
I tested Oleg's patch and it applies and works fine for me.
Hey Josh,

We still haven't received reply from partner here, do you know if we still need this patch for v2.0?

Thanks!
Flags: needinfo?(sync-1) → needinfo?(jocheng)
(Reporter)

Comment 20

4 years ago
we have fixed it. please close this bug. 
 thanks a lot
(In reply to sync-1 from comment #20)
> we have fixed it. please close this bug. 
>  thanks a lot

Nice, thanks!
Flags: needinfo?(jocheng)
(Reporter)

Comment 22

4 years ago
we have fixed it on SW7H19.
 please close it (see:820783)
The bug is already closed :) thanks !
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.