Hum, after a bit of investigation it does not seem to be related to firefox itself, it's an audiodg.exe issue, however I don't get audiodg.exe to use that much cpu when the sound stops working and I don't get sound in itunes to stop for example (I suspect itunes plays sound without audiodg.exe but I read that any sound is played thanks to audiodg now so...)
I am getting this same issue and it is extremely annoying. After Firefox is running for awhile, most sounds cease functioning including other sounds for unrelated applications running on the Operating System. Restarting Firefox will fix it for a short time until it breaks again. Running FF 34.0.5 I do not have any audiodg.exe processes running on my system. This issue only started occurring after upgrading to FF 34.
Oops I forgot I already said I had audiodg.exe running, I thought I didn't talk about that. I do not get sound in others programs such as itunes to stop, only firefox is affected, my antivirus Avast is completely disabled. In case my config matters, I have an amd phenom ii x4 965 at 3.4ghz with 4gb of ram, integrated video card uses 256mb if i'm not mistaken, running windows 7 pro 64 bits
I have the 'AudioSrv' service for 'Windows Audio'. Also Windows 7 Pro x64. I'm seeing lots of similar reports such as: http://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/2pfohn/no_html5_sound/ http://www.reddit.com/r/firefox/comments/2p5rto/sound_issues_after_the_latest_update/
This link are not related, it's not about html5, I just opened a youtube link, sound worked, I scrolled/browsed in the buffer to go from 00:00:07 to like 00:00:35 and sound stopped, I rescrolled somewhere else and sound was back, I do not get any crash of firefox or flash. It does not happen after firefox has been running for some time, it happens as soon as I want to reproduce lol.
Ok, after some more investigations, this is definitely a driver issue on MY end. I can reproduce the issue with Chrome and in fact playing sound in Itunes (which wasn't a problem) made audiodg.exe take 18% of cpu.. Well when all those problems started, I tried updating audio drivers of course but I'm not sure If I had these two (see below) before trying to update or not: I had/have 3 playback devices listed when I right click the sound icon in the tray and select 'playback devices', the one for my main speakers, which is also the one used when I plug headphone on the front interface of the case, listed as "Speakers, VIA high definition audio, default device" and two others, listed as "SPDIF Inteface Tx0" and "SPDIF Interface Tx1". Well I don't know what those last two are in reality, google helped a bit saying it's a standard used to numerically store audio from one device to another, something probably handled/supported by my soundcard/motherboard/driver but I do not have an use for it. I noticed that whenever sound was playing but I couldn't hear anything, the Tx0 interface reported that it was being used so I disabled both Tx0 and Tx1, and the sound is working as expected. So it's probably a problem with the driver, I had hard time finding the last up to date driver so I may have ended up installing the wrong one, or one that is faulty anyway. I can't bother to try to find a different driver for now so I'll keep these two disabled until it's a problem, hopefully it's never going to be a problem.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 4 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.