If you think a bug might affect users in the 57 release, please set the correct tracking and status flags for Release Management.

blueyonder.co.uk - CSS not being applied

VERIFIED FIXED

Status

Tech Evangelism Graveyard
English Other
P3
normal
VERIFIED FIXED
16 years ago
2 years ago

People

(Reporter: Dash, Assigned: Tristan Nitot)

Tracking

Details

(Whiteboard: [MIMETYPE], URL)

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

16 years ago
From Bugzilla Helper:
User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.6+)
Gecko/20011121
BuildID:    2001112104

<link rel="stylesheet" type="text/css" href="/styles/blueyonder_main.css">

Styles are not being applied to the page.  "bz" mentioned on IRC that servers
are sending the wrong content type details with the file.  Instead of sending
text/css, application/x-pointplus is being sent.

This only applies in strict mode with DTD statement.
Adding the following into a .htaccess file should solve the problem.

 AddType text/css .css

Reproducible: Always
Steps to Reproduce:
1.Load URL
2.
3.

Actual Results:  Formatting and text is in browser's default fonts etc.

Expected Results:  Fonts and other styles should be applied to parts of the page.
Yep, I can confirm this, I was part of the discussion on IRC.

The reasoning is because we are in strict (standards) mode.  To solve this, they
can either remove the URI from the DTD, or fix the way their server sends .css
files.

I can't find any contact info though.
Status: UNCONFIRMED → NEW
Ever confirmed: true
OS: Windows 2000 → All
Hardware: PC → All
Summary: CSS not being applied. → blueyonder.co.uk - CSS not being applied
Whiteboard: [MIMETYPE]
Their main page, http://www.blueyonder.co.uk/ also has the same problem.  Here,
we get switched in to standards mode because of the SYSTEM DTD.  They also might
fall prey to the image descender problem (bug 22274) on the main page.
(Assignee)

Comment 3

16 years ago
WFM on Moz 096, except small glith on the top menus (News, Gaming, Compete...)
with menu items being lowered by 2 px)
Setting P4.
Severity to Trivial.
Severity: minor → trivial
Priority: -- → P4
> WFM on Moz 096

Tristan: yes it works on 096.  This is a new feature that landed days after we
branched for 096.  It is in 097 and we have a release note on it.  Look again in
097 or a nightly.

Back to normal, and clearing priority for re-evaluation
Severity: trivial → normal
Priority: P4 → --
(Assignee)

Comment 5

16 years ago
Caillon: I am running 097 and N621, and they render the same as IE5. (excepted
the small menu glitch mentionned previously). Can you elaborate ? Has the web
site been updated ?
(Reporter)

Comment 6

16 years ago
The web site seems fine now on build 2002010608 Win32.  I don't know if it's
been updated or not.

Comment 7

16 years ago
Created attachment 63951 [details]
Screenshot

This is made using Linux build 2002010706.

There are supposed to be boxes around the text.  The "Game Highlights" and
"News" headings are supposed to have a blue background, and the text has a
whitish background.  At the moment I don't have access to MSIE to see what it
looks like there, but if it looks the same as this screenshot, then the page is
worse than I thought.
(Assignee)

Comment 8

16 years ago
Confirming on 098 on Win2000.
Contacted the site using http://help.blueyonder.co.uk/contact/enquiries.html
Accepting bug. Target -> April

Setting P3.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Priority: -- → P3
Target Milestone: --- → Apr

Comment 9

16 years ago
FWIW,

A search for "css" and "mime" reveals 6-8 bugs that I believe are related to the
mime type issue.

I first saw this when I upgraded from 0.9.5 to 0.9.8.  The problem continued
when I recently upgraded to 0.9.9.  From what I've read, this first appeared in
0.9.7 but I can't confirm that.

I spent some time wringing out CSS rendering and quickly confirmed that my
server was sending the mime type as "text/plain" when it clearly should have
been "text/css".  After adding an entry to mime.types to my ISP's apache server
running on BSD, pages now render correctly in 0.9.8 & 9.  I went back to verify
IE and Opera continue to render correctly, but unfortunately could not recheck
on 0.9.5 since I killed that during the upgrade process.

All client-side work was done on Win2K:
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows; U; Windows NT 5.0; en-US; rv:0.9.8) Gecko/20020204 (06)

Comment 10

16 years ago
Fixed by blueyonder. :-)
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
QA Contact: caillon → brantgurganus2001

Comment 11

16 years ago
This is fixed per comment #10 and verified.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Comment 12

15 years ago
v
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED

Comment 13

15 years ago
tech evang june 2003 reorg
Component: Europe: West → English Other
Target Milestone: Apr → ---
Product: Tech Evangelism → Tech Evangelism Graveyard
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.