Closed Bug 1119624 Opened 6 years ago Closed 6 years ago

[FFOS2.0][Woodduck][MMS] Support of ASCII Text encoding for Sending MMS

Categories

(Firefox OS Graveyard :: RIL, defect, P2)

defect

Tracking

(Not tracked)

RESOLVED INVALID

People

(Reporter: sync-1, Unassigned)

References

Details

Attachments

(6 files)

8.71 MB, application/octet-stream
Details
8.01 MB, application/octet-stream
Details
8.71 MB, application/octet-stream
Details
1.74 MB, application/x-zip-compressed
Details
274.96 KB, application/x-zip-compressed
Details
1.15 MB, image/png
Details
Created an attachment (id=1106851)
 4023A MMS认证问题.msg
 
 CONTACT INFO (Name,Phone number):
 ruihua.zhang.hz.com  0752-2639639
 
  DEFECT DESCRIPTION:
 
 MS can't send and receive MMS during TMC's MMS test.
 
 Please refer to the attachment.
 
 
  EXPECTED BEHAVIOUR:
 MS could send and receive MMS.
Created an attachment (id=1108227)
 I14Z49154_MMS_150107
Created an attachment (id=1108227)
 I14Z49154_MMS_150107
Attached file I14Z49154_MMS_150107
Created an attachment (id=1108227)
 I14Z49154_MMS_150107
Hi Shawn,
Could you please help to check the problem? Thanks!
Flags: needinfo?(sku)
Hi Bevis:
 Please help check if any clue why MMS can not be sent/received.

Thanks!!
Shawn
Flags: needinfo?(sku) → needinfo?(btseng)
Hi Reporter,

After checking the attachments, I found that 
1. MMS & Network related logcat was not enabled. :(
2. There is no mms related transactions in the tcpdump.

Would you please help to 
1. Provide more detail information of the test environment:
   - apn settings of data and mms.
   - Does the internet data connection also enabled during the test?
   - Currently, we have some limitation for DNS query of specified network interface which is addressed in meta bug 1115486. The workaround of these bugs is to have ip configured instead of the hostname in either mms proxy if available or mmsc if mms proxy is not used. 

2. run the |enable_debug_flags.sh| before capturing the adb logcat for further analysis:
https://github.com/bevis-tseng/Debug_Tools
Here is the content inside the |enable_debug_flags.sh|:
#!/bin/bash

PREFS_JS=$(adb shell echo -n "/data/b2g/mozilla/*.default")/prefs.js
adb pull $PREFS_JS
echo 'user_pref("ril.debugging.enabled", true);' >> prefs.js
echo 'user_pref("mms.debugging.enabled", true);' >> prefs.js
echo 'user_pref("network.debugging.enabled", true);' >> prefs.js
adb shell stop b2g
adb push prefs.js $PREFS_JS
adb shell start b2g 


Thanks!
Component: Gaia::SMS → RIL
Flags: needinfo?(btseng)
(In reply to comment #4)
 > Comment from Mozilla:Hi Reporter,
 > After checking the attachments, I found that 
 > 1. MMS & Network related logcat was not enabled. :(
 > 2. There is no mms related transactions in the tcpdump.
 > Would you please help to 
 > 1. Provide more detail information of the test environment:
 >    - apn settings of data and mms.
 >    - Does the internet data connection also enabled during the test?
 >    - Currently, we have some limitation for DNS query of specified network
 > interface which is addressed in meta bug 1115486. The workaround of these bugs
 > is to have ip configured instead of the hostname in either mms proxy if
 > available or mmsc if mms proxy is not used. 
 
 1.设置彩信profile:
 settings->Cellular&data->message settings,新建彩信profile,参数如下:
 APN:cmnet(我用的移动卡)
 MMSC:http://202.105.184.19:9001(Teleca test tool的ip)
(In reply to sync-1 from comment #9)
> (In reply to comment #4)
>  > Comment from Mozilla:Hi Reporter,
>  > After checking the attachments, I found that 
>  > 1. MMS & Network related logcat was not enabled. :(
>  > 2. There is no mms related transactions in the tcpdump.
>  > Would you please help to 
>  > 1. Provide more detail information of the test environment:
>  >    - apn settings of data and mms.
>  >    - Does the internet data connection also enabled during the test?
>  >    - Currently, we have some limitation for DNS query of specified network
>  > interface which is addressed in meta bug 1115486. The workaround of these
> bugs
>  > is to have ip configured instead of the hostname in either mms proxy if
>  > available or mmsc if mms proxy is not used. 
>  
>  1.设置彩信profile:
>  settings->Cellular&data->message settings,新建彩信profile,参数如下:
>  APN:cmnet(我用的移动卡)
>  MMSC:http://202.105.184.19:9001(Teleca test tool的ip)

Thanks for providing this info.
In this case, it should not related to the DNS problem mentioned in bug 1115486.

Would you please help to collect the logs again with the script in comment 8 to enable the Mms/Network debugging flags?

Thanks!
Flags: needinfo?(sync-1)
Created an attachment (id=1117858)
 mms-con-112_2015-01-14_18.48.20.zip
 
 MMS在新版本可以测起来了,但还有1条FAIL:112 要求支持USASII编码,终端发出去的不是USASII编码,附件是log请查收。
Created an attachment (id=1117858)
 mms-con-112_2015-01-14_18.48.20.zip
 
 MMS在新版本可以测起来了,但还有1条FAIL:112 要求支持USASII编码,终端发出去的不是USASII编码,附件是log请查收。
Created an attachment (id=1117858)
 mms-con-112_2015-01-14_18.48.20.zip
 
 MMS在新版本可以测起来了,但还有1条FAIL:112 要求支持USASII编码,终端发出去的不是USASII编码,附件是log请查收。
(In reply to sync-1 from comment #13)
> Created attachment 8549396 [details]
> mms-con-112_2015-01-14_18.48.20.zip
> 
> Created an attachment (id=1117858)
>  mms-con-112_2015-01-14_18.48.20.zip
>  
>  MMS在新版本可以测起来了,但还有1条FAIL:112 要求支持USASII编码,终端发出去的不是USASII编码,附件是log请查收。

Hi,

This is not supported.
For better support of multi-language, we always apply UTF-8 for text encoding. [1]

[1] https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/blob/c4d0ca5d7821ed7c0b3d7fca51033b0482c57cfc/apps/sms/js/smil.js#L13
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → INVALID
update summary according to comment 13.
Summary: [FFOS2.0][Woodduck][SMS]MS can't send and receive MMS during TMC's MMS test → [FFOS2.0][Woodduck][MMS] Support of ASCII Text encoding for Sending MMS
Flags: needinfo?(sync-1)
Dear Mozilla,
 
 之前那种情况又出现了,我已让TMC那边抓取LOG,一拿到log会立即上传至bugzilla。谢谢!
Created an attachment (id=1121931)
 I14Z49178-MMS.ZIP
 
 附件是4022X  MMS log,请查收,谢谢!
 
 实验室测试现象如下:
 256是配置好后,能登录MMS服务器,但是收不成功;
 214是重启样机后终端信号格显示无信号,但是有H标志,能登录MMS服务器,收不成功。
 重启样机后,214的MMS能够收到,之后测试发送的111、160能够成功。
 并且,256、214 再测试能PASS,easy log已经上传,请知晓,谢谢!
 
 刚开始测不起来256的现象和之前一样,214有点诡异,所以log一起发给你们分析下,谢谢~!
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 以上内容是从TMC那边返回来的情况,麻烦你们分析一下。
Created an attachment (id=1121931)
 I14Z49178-MMS.ZIP
 
 附件是4022X  MMS log,请查收,谢谢!
 
 实验室测试现象如下:
 256是配置好后,能登录MMS服务器,但是收不成功;
 214是重启样机后终端信号格显示无信号,但是有H标志,能登录MMS服务器,收不成功。
 重启样机后,214的MMS能够收到,之后测试发送的111、160能够成功。
 并且,256、214 再测试能PASS,easy log已经上传,请知晓,谢谢!
 
 刚开始测不起来256的现象和之前一样,214有点诡异,所以log一起发给你们分析下,谢谢~!
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 以上内容是从TMC那边返回来的情况,麻烦你们分析一下。
Attached file I14Z49178-MMS.ZIP
Created an attachment (id=1121931)
 I14Z49178-MMS.ZIP
 
 附件是4022X  MMS log,请查收,谢谢!
 
 实验室测试现象如下:
 256是配置好后,能登录MMS服务器,但是收不成功;
 214是重启样机后终端信号格显示无信号,但是有H标志,能登录MMS服务器,收不成功。
 重启样机后,214的MMS能够收到,之后测试发送的111、160能够成功。
 并且,256、214 再测试能PASS,easy log已经上传,请知晓,谢谢!
 
 刚开始测不起来256的现象和之前一样,214有点诡异,所以log一起发给你们分析下,谢谢~!
 ------------------------------------------------------------------------
 
 以上内容是从TMC那边返回来的情况,麻烦你们分析一下。
(In reply to sync-1 from comment #19)
> Created attachment 8551014 [details]
> I14Z49178-MMS.ZIP
> 
> Created an attachment (id=1121931)
>  I14Z49178-MMS.ZIP
>  
>  附件是4022X  MMS log,请查收,谢谢!
>  
>  实验室测试现象如下:
>  256是配置好后,能登录MMS服务器,但是收不成功;
>  214是重启样机后终端信号格显示无信号,但是有H标志,能登录MMS服务器,收不成功。
For signal problem, please have chip vendor's help to clarify instead.

In addition, there is a known issue reported by tcl regarding the retrieval of MMS from teleca tool
in bug 980143, and the root cause is that the transcation-ids of incoming MMS are always the same which cause MmsService service identifies them as the same message.
The workaround of this symptom is to ensure incoming messages from teleca tool are deleted before testing.

Thanks!
>  重启样机后,214的MMS能够收到,之后测试发送的111、160能够成功。
>  并且,256、214 再测试能PASS,easy log已经上传,请知晓,谢谢!
>  
>  刚开始测不起来256的现象和之前一样,214有点诡异,所以log一起发给你们分析下,谢谢~!
>  ------------------------------------------------------------------------
>  
>  以上内容是从TMC那边返回来的情况,麻烦你们分析一下。
(In reply to sync-1 from comment #19)
> Created attachment 8551014 [details]
> I14Z49178-MMS.ZIP
> 
> Created an attachment (id=1121931)
>  I14Z49178-MMS.ZIP
>  
>  附件是4022X  MMS log,请查收,谢谢!
>  
>  实验室测试现象如下:
>  256是配置好后,能登录MMS服务器,但是收不成功;
>  214是重启样机后终端信号格显示无信号,但是有H标志,能登录MMS服务器,收不成功。
>  重启样机后,214的MMS能够收到,之后测试发送的111、160能够成功。
>  并且,256、214 再测试能PASS,easy log已经上传,请知晓,谢谢!
>  
Hi,

BTW, one thing to be reminded. I can not see any mms related logs from previous attachments.
If there is still any problem regarding MMS transactions, please ensure to run the |enable_debug_flags.sh| in the following link and reboot the device before testing:
https://github.com/bevis-tseng/Debug_Tools

We expect the logs tagged with "MmsService" for further analysis.

In addition, the status of this bug has been modified as invalid according to comment 13.
For further MMS related issues, please fire a new one instead of keep tracking one this invalid one.

Thanks!
Flags: needinfo?(sync-1)
Created an attachment (id=1123532)
 Debug tools of Windows
 
 > Hi,
 > BTW, one thing to be reminded. I can not see any mms related logs from previous
 > attachments.
 > If there is still any problem regarding MMS transactions, please ensure to run
 > the |enable_debug_flags.sh| in the following link and reboot the device before
 > testing:
 > https://github.com/bevis-tseng/Debug_Tools
 > We expect the logs tagged with "MmsService" for further analysis.
 
 There is no Linux environment at TMC. 
 
 So I tell them to do like the attachment to get the log.
 
 Could you have a look.
Created an attachment (id=1123532)
 Debug tools of Windows
 
 > Hi,
 > BTW, one thing to be reminded. I can not see any mms related logs from previous
 > attachments.
 > If there is still any problem regarding MMS transactions, please ensure to run
 > the |enable_debug_flags.sh| in the following link and reboot the device before
 > testing:
 > https://github.com/bevis-tseng/Debug_Tools
 > We expect the logs tagged with "MmsService" for further analysis.
 
 There is no Linux environment at TMC. 
 
 So I tell them to do like the attachment to get the log.
 
 Could you have a look.
Attached image Debug tools of Windows
Created an attachment (id=1123532)
 Debug tools of Windows
 
 > Hi,
 > BTW, one thing to be reminded. I can not see any mms related logs from previous
 > attachments.
 > If there is still any problem regarding MMS transactions, please ensure to run
 > the |enable_debug_flags.sh| in the following link and reboot the device before
 > testing:
 > https://github.com/bevis-tseng/Debug_Tools
 > We expect the logs tagged with "MmsService" for further analysis.
 
 There is no Linux environment at TMC. 
 
 So I tell them to do like the attachment to get the log.
 
 Could you have a look.
(In reply to sync-1 from comment #24)
> Created attachment 8551237 [details]
> Debug tools of Windows
> 
> Created an attachment (id=1123532)
>  Debug tools of Windows
>  
>  > Hi,
>  > BTW, one thing to be reminded. I can not see any mms related logs from
> previous
>  > attachments.
>  > If there is still any problem regarding MMS transactions, please ensure
> to run
>  > the |enable_debug_flags.sh| in the following link and reboot the device
> before
>  > testing:
>  > https://github.com/bevis-tseng/Debug_Tools
>  > We expect the logs tagged with "MmsService" for further analysis.
>  
>  There is no Linux environment at TMC. 
>  
>  So I tell them to do like the attachment to get the log.
>  
>  Could you have a look.

Looks okay to me.
To double confirm if the script is workable, you can send/receive a MMS with adb logcat executed to see if "MmsService" is available in the logs.
Flags: needinfo?(sync-1)
> Looks okay to me.
 > To double confirm if the script is workable, you can send/receive a MMS with
 > adb logcat executed to see if "MmsService" is available in the logs.
 
 Thanks!
Dear Dengwei,
 
 MMS认证,4022X也已通过,问题解决,请关闭此PR,谢谢!
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.