Closed Bug 11428 Opened 21 years ago Closed 21 years ago

Tab widget not working properly

Categories

(Core :: XUL, defect, P1)

x86
Windows NT
defect

Tracking

()

VERIFIED WORKSFORME

People

(Reporter: gayatrib, Assigned: eric)

Details

Tab widget does not seem to work consistently anymore. It was working fine about
a week back, but all the latest builds, including 08/07/99 build, it is kind of
messed up. A few problems to start with:
o The tabs just get displayed as plain text--although they are still clickable.
o Simple text fields get displayed properly as contents of the tab clicks.
o If the tab clicks need to load a text field, the same field gets drawn again
and again without being suitably replaced.

Could you please take a look at this problem asap as this is holding up our
progress.

Here are sample test cases:
Test Case 1 : With static text (it works)
--------------------------------------------------
<window
  xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"
  xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
  align="vertical"
  xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul">

<html:div>
	<tabcontrol align="vertical">
		<tabbox align="horizontal">
			<tab style="width: 100px;">TabPanel 1</tab>
			<tab style="width: 100px;">TabPanel 2</tab>
		</tabbox>

		<tabpanel flex="100%">
			<box id="panel1" align="vertical" flex="100%">
				<html:div>
					This is Panel 1
				</html:div>
			</box>


			<box id="panel2" align="vertical" flex="100%">
				<html:div>
					This is Panel 2
				</html:div>
			</box>

		</tabpanel>

	</tabcontrol>
</html:div>
</window>


Test Case 2 : With simple text input fields (it does not work)
---------------------------------------------------------------
<window
  xmlns:html="http://www.w3.org/TR/REC-html40"
  xmlns:rdf="http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns#"
  align="vertical"
  xmlns="http://www.mozilla.org/keymaster/gatekeeper/there.is.only.xul">

<html:div>
	<tabcontrol align="vertical">
		<tabbox align="horizontal">
			<tab style="width: 100px;">TabPanel 1</tab>
			<tab style="width: 100px;">TabPanel 2</tab>
		</tabbox>

		<tabpanel flex="100%">
			<box id="panel1" align="vertical" flex="100%">
				<html:input type="text" id="f1" value="field 1"
size="10" style=" margin-bottom: 1em;"/>
			</box>


			<box id="panel2" align="vertical" flex="100%">
				<html:input type="text" id="f2" value="field 2"
size="10" style=" margin-bottom: 1em;"/>
			</box>

		</tabpanel>

	</tabcontrol>
</html:div>
</window>
Priority: P3 → P1
Target Milestone: M9
setting p1 for m9, since it is a blocker.
Adding Steve to the cc list.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 21 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
Sample #2 seems to work fine in build 8-11-99. The only thing I added was to
make sure it included the correct chrome file:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?>

<!DOCTYPE window>

make sure this is at the top of you examples. Otherwise it seems to work fine.
When I click on tabs I get "field 1" and "field 2" as expected.
It works now. Actually I did try with the
<?xml version="1.0"?>
<?xml-stylesheet href="chrome://global/skin/" type="text/css"?>

<!DOCTYPE window>

Just missed including it in the test case I put up here.
I think the builds at that time were not working properly.
Now the tabs too have their appearance back, and do not look
like static text.
QA Contact: ckritzer → gayatrib
Assigning to originator per new organizational structure.
QA Contact: gayatrib → ckritzer
Changing QA Contact back to ckritzer@netscape.com.
BULK MOVE: Changing component from XUL to XP Toolkit/Widgets: XUL.  XUL 
component will be deleted.
Component: XUL → XP Toolkit/Widgets: XUL
Marking VERIFIED WORKSFORME on 2000-01-25-xx builds for MacOS, Linux6 & Win98
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Component: XP Toolkit/Widgets: XUL → XUL
QA Contact: ckritzer → xptoolkit.widgets
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.