All users were logged out of Bugzilla on October 13th, 2018
This is one of what are likely to become a large number of necessary adjustments to the SOAP implementation. Currently, in the SOAP (default) decoder implementation, if a schema type is known on a particular node (passed in from an outer-mode scope due to validation information available there), then xsi:type is ignored, because it is believed that the type is already known. The proper action would be to attempt to retrieve the specified type. If it is found, then check to see whether it is compatible (usually as a subtype) with the type that the schema calls for, and raise an exception if it is not.
I put back the fix for this, no review because SOAP is not part of default build. My fix checks both for xsi:type and/or the declared schema type of the element.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
I also realized I failed to put the bug number into the comment of the check-in. It was fixed in version 1.42 of nsDefaultSOAPEncoder.cpp.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.