Status

()

bugzilla.mozilla.org
Administration
RESOLVED FIXED
3 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: pmoore, Unassigned)

Tracking

Production
x86
Mac OS X

Details

(Reporter)

Description

3 years ago
Hi guys,

In reviewboard, there seems to be a different pmoore, and sometimes he is getting review requests intended for me (I discovered by accident). I looked at his bugzilla profile, looks totally inactive/unused:

  * https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/user_profile?login=pmoore%40novamoore.com

I wonder if we can remove his account?

Most recently this happened in bug 1149432.

Many thanks,
Pete
(In reply to Pete Moore [:pete][:pmoore] from comment #0)
>   * https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/user_profile?login=pmoore%40novamoore.com
> I wonder if we can remove his account?

if you own this account please add a comment from it on this bug as verification.

if not it would be better to prevent reviews from being directed at that account rather than disabling it because it shares your name.
Component: Extensions: MozReview → Administration
(Reporter)

Comment 2

3 years ago
Hi Glob,

Unfortunately I don't own it, so I guess the second option is better. By the way, would such a change affect Review Board requests too, or just when reviews are requested directly in Bugzilla? As fas as I know, people have only had problems with ReviewBoard requests for me until now.

Thanks,
Pete
(In reply to Pete Moore [:pete][:pmoore] from comment #2)
> Unfortunately I don't own it, so I guess the second option is better.

done

> By the way, would such a change affect Review Board requests too, or just when
> reviews are requested directly in Bugzilla? As fas as I know, people have
> only had problems with ReviewBoard requests for me until now.

as far as i'm aware rb just calls to bmo to perform user searching.  i've mentioned this to mcote and he said he'll poke around rb to see what's going on.

it's likely the other pmoore will still show up in search results, but bugzilla will reject any attempt to r? it.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Comment 4

3 years ago
This is a result of how we determine the username in Review Board.  When a user is added (they log in or someone searches for them), we scan the real name field for the :<nick> convention.  If that exists, we set the username to <nick>.  If not, we set it to the username part of the email (everything before the @) and append "+<bmo user id>".  Ideally we'd be able to use the email address as username, like we do in Bugzilla, but that's tricky because there's no way to hide usernames from logged-out/anonymous users, which we want to avoid, mainly from spam-harvesting.

Anyway, in your particular case, you have two :<nick>s in your real name, and the first is the one we use, pete in this case.  This means you show up lower down in the user search results, since it prefers matches to username first.  Assuming you want to keep :pete (not sure why since you seem to always be pmoore on IRC), I would suggest reversing the order of your :<nick>s, and I can manually update your username in Review Board.
(Reporter)

Comment 5

3 years ago
(In reply to Mark Côté [:mcote] from comment #4)
> This is a result of how we determine the username in Review Board.  When a
> user is added (they log in or someone searches for them), we scan the real
> name field for the :<nick> convention.  If that exists, we set the username
> to <nick>.  If not, we set it to the username part of the email (everything
> before the @) and append "+<bmo user id>".  Ideally we'd be able to use the
> email address as username, like we do in Bugzilla, but that's tricky because
> there's no way to hide usernames from logged-out/anonymous users, which we
> want to avoid, mainly from spam-harvesting.
> 
> Anyway, in your particular case, you have two :<nick>s in your real name,
> and the first is the one we use, pete in this case.  This means you show up
> lower down in the user search results, since it prefers matches to username
> first.  Assuming you want to keep :pete (not sure why since you seem to
> always be pmoore on IRC), I would suggest reversing the order of your
> :<nick>s, and I can manually update your username in Review Board.

Thanks Mark!

I think I set up :pete and :pmoore in my first week at Mozilla, but then stuck with pmoore on irc. I'll switch them over!

Thanks for looking into it, appreciated. =)
(Reporter)

Comment 6

3 years ago
Username nicks swapped! You can proceed with the Review Board update - thanks for reacting so swiftly! =)
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: FIXED → ---

Comment 7

3 years ago
Fixed in Review Board.  You should now be showing up as the top result, with the username pmoore.  Side benefit is that just typing "pmoore" and hitting enter without waiting for the suggestions will work as well (as it will with anyone's proper Review Board username). :)
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 years ago3 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.