Firefox is incompatiblible to load some HTML5 video formats.

RESOLVED INVALID

Status

()

Core
Plug-ins
RESOLVED INVALID
3 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: Souza Perez, Unassigned)

Tracking

({flashplayer, html5})

37 Branch
flashplayer, html5
Points:
---

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(URL)

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

3 years ago
Created attachment 8596335 [details]
error 1.png

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; WOW64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
Build ID: 20150402191859

Steps to reproduce:

I was trying to access one of the videos from http://mais.uol.com.br/ specifically http://mais.uol.com.br/view/dt38ct3datkc/15445313?types=A&.


Actual results:

The error message page of Uol Mais servers is that this video is not compatible with this computer or device.
Previously, it worked with the old Flash Player, although I prefer this new HTML5 version because so far not resulted me no crashes. Just this mere incompatibility that I hope you guys correct it asap with new Firefox versions. Google Chrome can view these videos perfectly, although always I preferred use Firefox.


Expected results:

Expected load any HTML5 videos without any error.
(Reporter)

Updated

3 years ago
Severity: normal → major
Crash Signature: class="errorTxt">Este vídeo não é compatível com este computador ou dispositivo.</div>
Component: Untriaged → Plugin Click-To-Activate Whitelist
Keywords: crash, html5, topcrash-plugin
Priority: -- → P2
Whiteboard: html5 incompatibility videos crash

Comment 1

3 years ago
https://www.virustotal.com/ja/url/a4d02f29684cf5ee73be8b021974c6d1447d9e518a578e5eac5b02e693b3e945/analysis/1429792062/

virustotal says http://mais.uol.com.br/ is a Malicious site
(Reporter)

Comment 2

3 years ago
(In reply to Alice0775 White from comment #1)
> https://www.virustotal.com/ja/url/
> a4d02f29684cf5ee73be8b021974c6d1447d9e518a578e5eac5b02e693b3e945/analysis/
> 1429792062/
> 
> virustotal says http://mais.uol.com.br/ is a Malicious site

However, should not be restricted to the disposal to solve this problem, since I can't access to my favorite series and furthermore, I've constantly depended on the use of Firefox. Just take a look on the links below:

https://www.virustotal.com/ja/url/7cb0d7757f5359924e8e8502d422b80ec6f2e09b97f7d4f08c9642775afa8839/analysis/

http://www.maxmegatvonline.com/

http://postimg.org/image/ptpvsb23h/

http://postimg.org/image/ins2kzm4t/

Comment 3

3 years ago
Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:37.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/37.0
Shockwave Flash 11.2.202.457

Chromium 41.0.2272.76 Built on Ubuntu 14.04, running on Linux Mint 17.1 (64-bit)
Adobe Flash Player 11.2.999.999

(In reply to Souza Perez from comment #0)
> Google Chrome can view these videos perfectly

The sites require Flash Player. Disabling Flash Player in H.264-enabled Chromium results in the exact same error message for the first site, and a similar browser plug-in placeholder for the second site. So there's no HTML5 video on those sites: it's just that Chrome has Flash Player built-in. For Firefox, it has to be installed separately.
https://support.mozilla.org/kb/install-flash-plugin-view-videos-animations-games

> The error message page of Uol Mais servers is that this video is not
> compatible with this computer or device.

Contact the site owners and ask them to correct the error message. It should say Flash Player is required.

> Previously, it worked with the old Flash Player, although I prefer this new
> HTML5 version because so far not resulted me no crashes.

Contact the site owners and ask them to migrate to HTML5 video.

(In reply to Alice0775 White from comment #1)
> virustotal says http://mais.uol.com.br/ is a Malicious site

1/62 returned malicious, 5/62 returned unrated, 56/52 returned clean.
https://www.virustotal.com/en/url/a4d02f29684cf5ee73be8b021974c6d1447d9e518a578e5eac5b02e693b3e945/analysis/1430058124/
Severity: major → normal
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Crash Signature: class="errorTxt">Este vídeo não é compatível com este computador ou dispositivo.</div>
Last Resolved: 3 years ago
Component: Plugin Click-To-Activate Whitelist → Plug-ins
Keywords: crash, topcrash-plugin → flashplayer
Priority: P2 → --
Product: Firefox → Core
Resolution: --- → INVALID
Whiteboard: html5 incompatibility videos crash
(Reporter)

Comment 4

3 years ago
(In reply to Gingerbread Man from comment #3) 
> The sites require Flash Player. Disabling Flash Player in H.264-enabled
> Chromium results in the exact same error message for the first site, and a
> similar browser plug-in placeholder for the second site. So there's no HTML5
> video on those sites: it's just that Chrome has Flash Player built-in. For
> Firefox, it has to be installed separately.
> https://support.mozilla.org/kb/install-flash-plugin-view-videos-animations-
> games

Oh, please, I'm sorry for my confusion. I just thought Firefox reached the same standards as Chrome, at least came pretty close.

Well, I guess I don't have much choice but to do that you recommended me then. Even though...

I think that developers might well do the same with Firefox supporting Flash Player in H.264 as you said, already built into the browser itself. Well, that's just my guess.

Anyways, in the end it seems that just everything is working like a charm. Thank you Gingerbread Man.

Comment 5

3 years ago
(In reply to Souza Perez from comment #4)
> I think that developers might well do the same with Firefox supporting Flash
> Player in H.264 as you said, already built into the browser itself.

Work is progressing on project Shumway; once completed, it should allow playback of Flash content without Flash Player.
https://wiki.mozilla.org/Shumway

> Anyways, in the end it seems that just everything is working like a charm.
> Thank you Gingerbread Man.

You're welcome.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.