Open Bug 1165505 Opened 6 years ago Updated 6 years ago

Remember password prompt disabling onchange

Categories

(Core :: DOM: Events, defect)

defect
Not set
normal

Tracking

()

UNCONFIRMED

People

(Reporter: m.kirkor, Unassigned, NeedInfo)

References

()

Details

(Keywords: testcase)

User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; Win64; x64) AppleWebKit/537.36 (KHTML, like Gecko) Chrome/42.0.2311.152 Safari/537.36

Steps to reproduce:

Step 1 : login
Step 2 : Not touching the remember password prompt
Step 3 : try to select an option of a dropdown

jsfiddle to test : http://jsfiddle.net/xpkFf/330/


Actual results:

No onchange event is fired and the index is back at 0


Expected results:

onchange event and good index
Component: Untriaged → DOM: Events
Keywords: testcase
Product: Firefox → Core
I'm not sure if I'm testing this correctly.

1. Load http://jsfiddle.net/xpkFf/330/
2. Click 'open dialog' link
> A dialog appears with two text fields and a button
3. Type 'aaa' in each of the text fields then press the button
> A remember password doorhanger appears
4. Click the dropdown list element showing a '1' and select '2'
> An alert appears showing 'changed'

Can you please clarify the steps to reproduce and expected behaviour?
(In reply to Anthony Hughes, QA Mentor (:ashughes) from comment #1)
> I'm not sure if I'm testing this correctly.
> 
> 1. Load http://jsfiddle.net/xpkFf/330/
> 2. Click 'open dialog' link
> > A dialog appears with two text fields and a button
> 3. Type 'aaa' in each of the text fields then press the button
> > A remember password doorhanger appears
> 4. Click the dropdown list element showing a '1' and select '2'
> > An alert appears showing 'changed'
> 
> Can you please clarify the steps to reproduce and expected behaviour?

The expected behavior is that the alert appears. The actual result is no alert. Only fail if the password doorhanger is present and the first thing you do is click on the dropdown to select `2`. Tested on 3 computer from 3 different locations and 2 different version of firefox,the alert never appears
(In reply to lewd from comment #2)
> Tested on 3 computer from 3 different locations and 2 different version of firefox,the alert never
> appears

I'm not sure what I'm doing differently but everywhere I tested this I am getting the alert. What Firefox versions have you tested?
38.0.1 and 37.something. I can stream from my computer and show you if you want
Can you please test this with the latest Firefox Nightly build (https://nightly.mozilla.org/)?
Tested it and it doesn't happen in nightly. Nightly behaves like expected
(In reply to lewd from comment #6)
> Tested it and it doesn't happen in nightly. Nightly behaves like expected

Thanks. Can you check the following builds as well?
* Aurora: https://aurora.mozilla.org/
* Beta: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/39.0b1/
(In reply to Anthony Hughes, QA Mentor (:ashughes) from comment #7)
> (In reply to lewd from comment #6)
> > Tested it and it doesn't happen in nightly. Nightly behaves like expected
> 
> Thanks. Can you check the following builds as well?
> * Aurora: https://aurora.mozilla.org/
> * Beta: ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/39.0b1/

 Beta has the same issue. I was not able to open Aurora(android?). I downloaded Firefox Developer Edition from that link and it has the same issue as well. So far only nightly is working correctly
Thanks for testing. Unfortunately I'm still unable to reproduce this with the versions you tested so I'm going to need you to investigate this further.

Could you please try this build to see if it reproduces?
ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/2015-05-05-03-02-06-mozilla-central/firefox-40.0a1.en-US.win32.installer.exe
(In reply to Anthony Hughes, QA Mentor (:ashughes) from comment #9)
> Thanks for testing. Unfortunately I'm still unable to reproduce this with
> the versions you tested so I'm going to need you to investigate this further.
> 
> Could you please try this build to see if it reproduces?
> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/2015-05-05-03-02-06-mozilla-
> central/firefox-40.0a1.en-US.win32.installer.exe

This nightly also works. So both versions of Nightly are working correctly. I have an update on the problem: I did some testing with my streaming and when I stream only the firefox window, people watching the stream will not see the dropdown go down when I click it when the prompt password is there, but if I stream my whole screen, they can see it like I see it. So I think the problem is that firefox think the dropdown isn't displayed. But it's still weird you can not reproduce it.
Okay, so this doesn't reproduce in Nightly but it does in Aurora, Beta, and Release. I'm wondering if this is related to e10s. Can you retest this in the latest Nightly and Dev Edition builds with e10s on and again with e10s off? You'll find the preference (Enable multi-process) in the Options page.
(In reply to Anthony Hughes, QA Mentor (:ashughes) from comment #11)
> Okay, so this doesn't reproduce in Nightly but it does in Aurora, Beta, and
> Release. I'm wondering if this is related to e10s. Can you retest this in
> the latest Nightly and Dev Edition builds with e10s on and again with e10s
> off? You'll find the preference (Enable multi-process) in the Options page.

When I unchecked "Enable multi-process" the problem started happening like the regular firefox!
(In reply to lewd from comment #12)
> When I unchecked "Enable multi-process" the problem started happening like
> the regular firefox!

Okay, thanks, that at least confirms e10s is somehow able to work around this issue. Would you mind checking releases older than Firefox 37 to see where this bug begins for you? You'll find all our releases here ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/. Start with Firefox 36 and work backwards until this bug stops.
(In reply to Anthony Hughes, QA Mentor (:ashughes) from comment #13)
> (In reply to lewd from comment #12)
> > When I unchecked "Enable multi-process" the problem started happening like
> > the regular firefox!
> 
> Okay, thanks, that at least confirms e10s is somehow able to work around
> this issue. Would you mind checking releases older than Firefox 37 to see
> where this bug begins for you? You'll find all our releases here
> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/releases/. Start with Firefox 36 and work
> backwards until this bug stops.

The bug stops at Firefox 35
(In reply to lewd from comment #14)
> The bug stops at Firefox 35

Meaning that Firefox 36 is the first release to have the bug?
(In reply to Anthony Hughes, QA Mentor (:ashughes) from comment #15)
> (In reply to lewd from comment #14)
> > The bug stops at Firefox 35
> 
> Meaning that Firefox 36 is the first release to have the bug?

tested 35.0b8 to make sure. Yes 36 is the first one with the bug
(In reply to Anthony Hughes, QA Mentor (:ashughes) from comment #17)
> Thanks, please test the following builds and tell me which reproduce the bug:
> 
> *
> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/2014/10/2014-10-14-03-02-01-
> mozilla-central/firefox-36.0a1.en-US.win32.zip
> *
> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/2014/10/2014-10-21-03-02-08-
> mozilla-central/firefox-36.0a1.en-US.win32.zip
> *
> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/2014/10/2014-10-28-03-02-04-
> mozilla-central/firefox-36.0a1.en-US.win32.zip
> *
> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/2014/11/2014-11-04-03-02-02-
> mozilla-central/firefox-36.0a1.en-US.win32.zip
> *
> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/2014/11/2014-11-11-03-02-03-
> mozilla-central/firefox-36.0a1.en-US.win32.zip
> *
> ftp://ftp.mozilla.org/pub/firefox/nightly/2014/11/2014-11-18-03-02-01-
> mozilla-central/firefox-36.0a1.en-US.win32.zip
Flags: needinfo?(m.kirkor)
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.