Build: 0102 trunk build on all platforms Steps: 1. After installation, launch profile manager. 2. Click on create new profile. 3. In the profile name field, type some ascii characters and non-ascii characters as a profile name. Result: You will see the non-ascii characters will not get displayed in the locale file path while ascii characters will be displayed correctly. - see a followed screen shot.
Created attachment 63260 [details] screen shot. See the Japanese characters in profile name and file path.
Created attachment 63598 [details] Another screen shot for Japanese at the beginning of the profile name In this case, Japanese characters will display fine.
Summary: i18n profile nama can not be displayed in local file path in profile manager → i18n profile name can not be displayed in local file path in profile manager
are you running on a Japanese platform or not?
I know what is the problem, it depend on the keypress to update the content see http://lxr.mozilla.org/seamonkey/source/profile/resources/content/newProfile1_2.xul 41 <textbox id="ProfileName" value="&pnl2.defaultPName.label;" onkeypress="updateProfileName();"/> see what will happen if we change it to 41 <textbox id="ProfileName" value="&pnl2.defaultPName.label;" onkeyup="updateProfileName();"/>
Assignee: yokoyama → stephend
give to rchen. rchen- please try it.
Assignee: stephend → rchen
ok , we have two issue here. 1. if the system encoding (ACP on the window) cannot encode such character, we won't show any character AFTER that character in the path. (yokoyama are looking for a solution for this) 2. if we could encode, we have the update timing issue. The timing is currently depend onkeypress which do not include IME. We may need to change it to onkeyup. I try this on my Win NT J. both chinese Global IME and native Japanese IME work. We need to make sure it won't break the IME operation on Linux and Mac. Korean failed because the reason 1. Not sure what will happen on the korean system reassign this back to yokoyama. we should break this bug into two issue. One deal with path name and one deal with updating from textbox. add syd to the list. It seems other place IM also have such textbox sync issue.
Assignee: rchen → yokoyama
> are you running on a Japanese platform or not? Yes. I was running on JA WinXP. ( saw it when type chinese on chinese windows also) Actually, I saw same problem when try to type Chinese and high ascii single byte characters on WinXP-JA too. But I just found: this problem happens when you first commit the Japanese or Chinese words, when you hit the enter again, the Japanese or Chinese characters will get displayed.
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
Target Milestone: --- → mozilla0.9.9
nsbeta1- per i18n triage
Keywords: nsbeta1 → nsbeta1-
move to future
Target Milestone: mozilla1.0 → Future
I guess this bug was fixed. The filepath with characters not covered by the current locale is a separate issue.
I think both roy and me are off mozilla for more than 2 years. If these bugs are still here now, I think the real stauts is 'won't fix'. If you want to reopen it, please find a new owner for it first.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 13 years ago
Resolution: --- → WONTFIX
Mass Reassign Please excuse the spam
Assignee: tetsuroy → nobody
Mass Re-opening Bugs Frank Tang Closed on Wensday March 02 for no reason, all the spam is his fault feel free to tar and feather him
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: WONTFIX → ---
Reassigning Franks old bugs to Jungshik Shin for triage - Sorry for spam
Assignee: nobody → jshin1987
Status: REOPENED → NEW
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.