Update Phonebook from github

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

RESOLVED FIXED
3 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: tofumatt, Assigned: cliang)

Tracking

Details

(Whiteboard: [kanban:https://webops.kanbanize.com/ctrl_board/2/1444] )

(Reporter)

Description

3 years ago
The Phonebook has been updated to fix 1141421 so needs to be deployed.

A reminder that the phonebook is now hosted on github at https://github.com/mozilla/phonebook and is no longer in SVN (or if it is, it's out of date).

Please deploy the latest master, cheers!

Updated

3 years ago
Whiteboard: [kanban:https://webops.kanbanize.com/ctrl_board/2/1444]
(Assignee)

Updated

3 years ago
Assignee: server-ops-webops → cliang
(Assignee)

Comment 1

3 years ago
The change has been pushed out to the Phonebook staging environment (phonebook.allizom.org).  Can you please verify that it is working correctly before I push it to production?
Flags: needinfo?(tofumatt)
(Reporter)

Comment 2

3 years ago
Strangely I can't seem to sign in to that site using my ldap credentials. Do I need to be vpn'd to use it?
(Reporter)

Comment 3

3 years ago
I tried to sign in with my LDAP credentials both on and off VPN and it doesn't work on the staging site; works fine on my local machine with VPN and on production phonebook.

This could be unrelated :-/
Flags: needinfo?(tofumatt)
(Assignee)

Comment 4

3 years ago
Ah!  I think I found the problem and fixed it.  Can you try again?

(After doing some poking, it looks like the stage instance got pointed at a test LDAP server at some point.  I've reverted that change.)
(Reporter)

Comment 5

3 years ago
Just checked and it's working perfectly. Feel free to push the change to production! 
(Assignee)

Comment 6

3 years ago
I've pushed the update to production.  Let me know if there are any issues resulting from the push.


$ sudo ./update 
Updating code...
remote: Counting objects: 424, done.
remote: Total 424 (delta 13), reused 13 (delta 13), pack-reused 410
Receiving objects: 100% (424/424), 357.23 KiB, done.
Resolving deltas: 100% (40/40), completed with 9 local objects.
From https://github.com/mozilla/phonebook
   3741537..a947884  master     -> origin/master
 * [new branch]      sugardough-rewrite -> origin/sugardough-rewrite
Updating 3741537..a947884
Fast-forward
 README.md       |  2 +-
 config.php      |  7 +++++--
 css/style.css   | 12 ++++++++++++
 js/common.js    |  4 ++--
 js/view-tree.js |  4 ++--
 output-html.inc | 19 +++++++++++++++++++
 6 files changed, 41 insertions(+), 7 deletions(-)
Deploying code...
[2015-07-22 07:42:52] Running rsync_project
[2015-07-22 07:42:52] [localhost] running: /usr/bin/rsync -aq --include '.gitkeep' --exclude '.git*' --exclude '.hg*' --exclude '.svn*' --exclude 'CVS' --exclude '.bzr*' --delete /data/genericrhel6/src/phonebook.mozilla.org/ /data/genericrhel6/www/phonebook.mozilla.org/
[2015-07-22 07:42:52] [localhost] finished: /usr/bin/rsync -aq --include '.gitkeep' --exclude '.git*' --exclude '.hg*' --exclude '.svn*' --exclude 'CVS' --exclude '.bzr*' --delete /data/genericrhel6/src/phonebook.mozilla.org/ /data/genericrhel6/www/phonebook.mozilla.org/ (0.053s)
[2015-07-22 07:42:52] Finished rsync_project (0.054s)
[2015-07-22 07:42:52] Running commit_www
[2015-07-22 07:42:52] [localhost] running: cd /data/genericrhel6/www && /usr/bin/git add .; /usr/bin/git commit -a -m 'deploy ['phonebook.mozilla.org']'
[2015-07-22 07:42:56] [localhost] finished: cd /data/genericrhel6/www && /usr/bin/git add .; /usr/bin/git commit -a -m 'deploy ['phonebook.mozilla.org']' (4.611s)
[localhost] out: [master d199ff5] deploy [phonebook.mozilla.org]
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.