I noticed this while looking in the code the other day, we were using the old method of QI'ing a frame to an accessible.
Hey, this looks good to me, but you've gotta start putting an explanation of what is going on in the patches in your bugs. Plus, is the last bit just some holdover from the bug fixing the tooltip text problems from the other bug?
Created attachment 64443 [details] [diff] [review] New patch with irrelevant parts removed GetAccFocused returns an accessible for the currently focused node. This fixes the part of GetAccFocused that turns the node into an accessible. In the old, old days of MSAA support, we used to QI nsIFrame to an nsIAccessible. This was thought to be acceptable. These days, that QI always fails. The new way is to use the GetAccessibleFor method, which takes a content node and returns an nsIAccessible.
Comment on attachment 64443 [details] [diff] [review] New patch with irrelevant parts removed r=jgaunt
Comment on attachment 64443 [details] [diff] [review] New patch with irrelevant parts removed seems quite reasonable, and cleaner too :) sr=alecf
-- Tested GetAccFocused()for Html elements Link, Button, Checkbox, Radio Button, Select Combobox and Text Area. It works fine on all these html elements. Marking the bug as verified.