Feedback Request (NeedInfo) Persists for Resolved Bug Report

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

()

RESOLVED WORKSFORME
3 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: david, Unassigned)

Tracking

Production

Details

(Reporter)

Description

3 years ago
Bugzilla 2015.08.24 as installed at bugzilla.mozilla.org

Bug #1192847 is marked Resolved Fixed.  However, a request for feedback from me remains in force.  Today, I received an automatically generated E-mail message, telling me that my feedback is overdue.  Every bug report I view has a red circle with a white "1" in the reverse-color bar at the top of the page.  I cannot find where in bug #1192847 I can provide any feedback.  

Marking a bug report as Resolved or Verified should automatically cancel any outstanding requests for feedback.  If such a bug report is then marked Unconfirmed, Reopened, New, or Assigned, cancelled requests for feedback should then be reinstated with fresh E-mail notifications to the responsible parties.  

NOTE:  I think a different David was intended for the feedback request, but I am the one being annoyed with this.
Assignee: attach-and-request → nobody
Component: Attachments & Requests → Administration
Product: Bugzilla → bugzilla.mozilla.org
QA Contact: default-qa
Version: unspecified → Production
(In reply to David E. Ross from comment #0)
> Bugzilla 2015.08.24 as installed at bugzilla.mozilla.org
> 
> Bug #1192847 is marked Resolved Fixed.  However, a request for feedback from
> me remains in force.  Today, I received an automatically generated E-mail
> message, telling me that my feedback is overdue.  Every bug report I view
> has a red circle with a white "1" in the reverse-color bar at the top of the
> page.  I cannot find where in bug #1192847 I can provide any feedback.  

you've been asked to provide feedback on the attachment.
https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=8648346&action=edit

> Marking a bug report as Resolved or Verified should automatically cancel any
> outstanding requests for feedback.

no, it shouldn't.  there are many scenarios where feedback is required even after a bug is marked as fixed (eg. docs may be updated after the bug is marked as fixed).
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
(Reporter)

Comment 2

3 years ago
Something is broken in Bugzilla regarding feedback requests.  

In the past, feedback requests were indeed directed to me from bug reports that were NOT Resolved or Verified.  The Web pages for those bug reports provided links whereby I was able to indicate my feedback.  In the case of Resolved bug #1192847, however, there is no such link.  

When I click on "feedback?" under Attachments, I see the following: 
> David, I don't want to land this until *someone* looks it over, and
> while I am waiting on Ratty/Jens for a proper review, if you flag
> this as "feedback+" based on a skim of what I changed I'm happy to
> land.
However, the change was already landed.  I cannot find a way to set a flag as "feedback+".  

Whether or not I am the wrong David from whom feedback should have been requested in bug #1192847, I have no way to stop being dunned for feedback.
Status: RESOLVED → REOPENED
Resolution: WORKSFORME → ---
(In reply to David E. Ross from comment #2)
> However, the change was already landed.  I cannot find a way to set a flag
> as "feedback+".  

can you attach a screenshot of when you see after following the link in comment 1 - https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/attachment.cgi?id=8648346&action=edit
Flags: needinfo?(david)
(In reply to David E. Ross from comment #0)
> NOTE:  I think a different David was intended for the feedback request, but
> I am the one being annoyed with this.

Noteworthy, I chose you because you were the author of https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1192847#c4 so was someone who cared, and I wanted *anyone* who seemed capable to look it over before I landed (I did get someone to do that ahead of you), I apologize if it annoyed you.

That said, I just cleared the feedback request so hopefully you are absolved of all annoyance.

Lastly I would agree there is a bug if you were unable to change the flag itself once I requested it of you.

I'm clearing the needinfo, because I cleared the feedback request itself. If needed I can re-set it though, in pursuance of this bug.
Flags: needinfo?(david)
(In reply to Justin Wood (:Callek) from comment #4)
> I'm clearing the needinfo, because I cleared the feedback request itself. If
> needed I can re-set it though, in pursuance of this bug.

without a screenshot or the feedback flag in place unfortunately we can no longer investigate what's going on.
i suspect david was expecting to set the feedback flag on the main bug page instead of on the attachment details page.
Status: REOPENED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 years ago3 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.