I have an internal web application that I use, the pages appear to be produced by asp. Since 0.9.7 I have encountered a bug where just after hitting submit, a copy of the form appears briefly below the orignal, and any radio buttons that were selected in the original are blanked out. It appears to be this "version" of the form thats is sent, as the results page I get show that the radio buttons I selected were not passed as on. Looking at the source of the web page shows it to be virtually all script. I've tried 0.9.7 and three or four nightlies since then, including todays. All exhibit the same behaviour. 0.9.6 is okay.
reporter: can you provide the page/script sources please? thx
Created attachment 65086 [details] Source to page showing problem It's a messy file, hope you can make some sense of it. It won't work without the rest of the pages but you may be able to see something in the source that causes it. I can try and grab a screenshot when it exhibits the problem, although it only lasts for a brief moment before the form is submitted and I get the result.
well i can try to see if this page submits correctly but i cannot guarantee anything since i cannot access the application setting milestone
Target Milestone: --- → Future
Andrew, It doesn't suprise me the source is bad. Unfortunately it's out of my control or I would have done soemthing about it. I did a Save Page As. I assumed this was the correct way to do it. I didn't compare that with View Source. So, where do we go from here? I realise that you can do very little by just looking at the source. There is a definate problem here though, and it's happened somewhere between 0.9.6 and 0.9.7. I'm guessing that something has been "fixed" that now stops badly behaved code from working. Is there anything I can do to help? Run a debug version or something?
well, for the first part, I seriously doubt that Mozilla will assume that form elements not within a form are actually assigned to a specific form. So, you probably won't be able to "fix" this without going to a different asp/cgi, etc. (or getting the one you have fixed) for the second part, this might just be Mozilla's saving issues, especially if you used "Save Page As". Try out View->Source or save it with a different browser and see if the #2 issues are still there. you can test to see if the #1 stuff is your only problem by: 1) fix up the HTML in the locally saved page 2) try to submit the local form 3) report back how that goes.
Okay, I see what I can do. I'm away from work this week so it'll have to wait a while. I'll get back to you on this. Thanks guys.
I've just downloaded the latest nightly and the problem has gone. I think you can close this one down. Cheers.
Damian: you can shut this down by changing the status to WORKSFORME
Okay, done :)
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
verifying per reporter's coments
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.