Just making things up here, if I'm guessing wrong, just correct: Context is in bug 1156760. I need a VM, let's call it l10n-allizom1.webapp.scl3.mozilla.com (as I intend to have it host l10n.allizom.org) One CPU should be good enough, as 40G of disk, and 2G of RAM. It'll need a mount of /mnt/space/ from l10n-dashboard1.webapp.scl3.mozilla.com to /mnt/space/, RO is fine. Accounts should be root and dashboard. I'll need access to both. OS: CentOS 6, with python 2.7
Alright, let's take this a bit at a time. Name: l10n-allizom1.webapp.scl3.mozilla.com OS: Centos6 RAM: 2G CPU: 1 Disk:standard Accounts - We only give out LDAP accounts that I'm aware of - so I can give *you* sudoers access, which would allow you to have root level access. OS customization - this is outside the purview of a VM creation ticket, and will likely require other work Python 2.7 - centos6/RHEL6 doesn't ship with python 2.7 NFS mount from other host - This will require configuration of the other host. We can work to get the VM created shortly, freeing this blocker from your path.
(In reply to Chris Knowles [:cknowles] from comment #1) > Alright, let's take this a bit at a time. > > Name: l10n-allizom1.webapp.scl3.mozilla.com > OS: Centos6 > RAM: 2G > CPU: 1 > Disk:standard > > Accounts - We only give out LDAP accounts that I'm aware of - so I can give > *you* sudoers access, which would allow you to have root level access. Should there be a dedicated account to run the web code? Apache/wsgi it will be. I guess have me access to the machine with sudo is a good starting point, either way. > OS customization - this is outside the purview of a VM creation ticket, and > will likely require other work > Python 2.7 - centos6/RHEL6 doesn't ship with python 2.7 python 2.7 is on the critical path, as django stopped supporting 2.6 with any version that's getting security updates next month. > NFS mount from other host - This will require configuration of the other > host. > > We can work to get the VM created shortly, freeing this blocker from your > path. Thanks.
Axel, Now that the VM is online, I can install python2.7 on it in the morning (I'm in Singapore over the next couple of weeks). Does anyone else need access to the VM (apart from you?)
Thanks. Right now, I'm mostly alone in elmo land, sadly. So just me and a regular IT access is good enough.
Well, Shyam jumped the gun a smidge. (It was up when he wrote that, I just hadn't announced it.) the vm l10n-allizom1.webapp.scl3.mozilla.com has been created Initial puppetization has been completed, with sudoer level access given to you. Initial stubs for pre-prod (non-alerting) monitoring has been put in. Once it's live, you'll likely want to bug the moc to have more interesting things put in. Let me know if you have any questions.
Chris, my bad. Ideally this would be l10n.stage.webapp.scl3 not l10n-allizom...I'm wondering if we can re-name without too much trouble?
Axel, Box has python 2.7 Installed: python27.x86_64 0:2.7.9-1.ius.el6 Dependency Installed: python27-libs.x86_64 0:2.7.9-1.ius.el6 Complete! [email@example.com ~]# /usr/bin/python2.7 Python 2.7.9 (default, Dec 12 2014, 10:25:20) [GCC 4.4.7 20120313 (Red Hat 4.4.7-11)] on linux2 Type "help", "copyright", "credits" or "license" for more information. >>>
Thanks. Did some exploratorations, and I think we need more packages: git apache (httpd) MySQL-python.x86_64 python-ldap.x86_64 gcc (for compiled python packages) Shyam, can we kick off zeus and dns already, as we have the IP, or should we wait for the potential rename? Internal and external routes might already work, tested db and ES dev/prod connections. Re the mounts, as we already have an export for /mnt/space/repos, it might be easiest to add one for /mnt/space/build-data, and mount both here? Feel free to tell me when to punt the conversation back to the tracker, too.
Shyam - I'm looking at renaming - delightfully it's almost easier to destroy and recreate - but given that you've worked on fixing things, I'll rename.
Alright, it's back online as l10n.stage.webapp.scl3.mozilla.com - documentation and things all updated. From Virtualization's standpoint, this is now done, and normally we'd close this "create" bug now - but I see other work being done here... can I reassign/re-queue this, or close it to make way for new bugs, or what?
Summary: Create l10n-allizom1.webapp.scl3.mozilla.com → Create l10n.stage.webapp.scl3.mozilla.com
Okay guys, this VM is created, it's ready to be configured/used - I'm closing this out as virtualization is now done. Let me know if you need further assistance from us.
Assignee: server-ops-virtualization → cknowles
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.