Linux, Mac (1999-08-16-08 M9), Win32 (1999-08-16-09 M9) Bug 8395 was written to address this problem dated 6/17/99 and it was marked as a dup of bug#7513, which has been marked as Verified/Fixed. To avoid the confusion, I am writing this as a new Regression bug. If this is a problem, please let me know. 1. Open Messenger from Task menu 2. Select a "read" message from the IMAP inbox folder 3. Select Message|Mark|As Unread, the selected message turns to "unread" status 4. Exit apprunner and relaunch apprunner mail 5. Notice that message that was marked "unread" did not stay. Actual result: The status does not show "unread" Expected result: The status show show "Unread" This occurs to all three platforms.
Reassign to bienvenu
this is not a regression. What can happen is that the database doesn't get commited immediately, but the flag change is getting written to the imap server, and to the database. It will not show up in the UI because of a bug in the tree control, however.
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 19 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
although the bug as written isn't really true, I've added a commit immediately after his operation to force a flush of the db state.
Linux (1999-09-09-09 M11) Win_nt 4.0 (1999-09-09-09 M10) Mac (1999-09-09-08 M11) I check everything: IMAP/POP/News: Message|Mark AS Unread works and got saved in the database.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.