Complete update of sk locale to 42.0 on Windows is failing

RESOLVED WORKSFORME

Status

Release Engineering
Release Requests
RESOLVED WORKSFORME
3 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: Robert Kaiser, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

3 years ago
In our update tests, we found that updates to 42.0 for sk builds (I tested 38.0.1 and 41.0.2) using complete MARs on win32 are failing the update download. The partial update from 41.0.2 to 42.0 works correctly, it seems.
(Reporter)

Comment 2

3 years ago
Unfortunately, we don't get the log from AUS activity in Windows test logs :(
The AUS URL as used can be found here:
http://mozmill-release.blargon7.com/#/update/report/a5d57faae7f965360371941dcf8bf938

So it's:
https://aus4.mozilla.org/update/3/Firefox/38.0.1/20150513174244/WINNT_x86-msvc/sk/release/Windows_NT%206.3/default/default/update.xml?force=1

It serves us:

<updates><update type="minor" displayVersion="42.0" appVersion="42.0" platformVersion="42.0" buildID="20151029151421" detailsURL="https://www.mozilla.org/sk/firefox/42.0/releasenotes/" actions="showURL" openURL="https://www.mozilla.org/sk/firefox/42.0/whatsnew/?oldversion=%OLD_VERSION%"><patch type="complete" URL="http://download.mozilla.org/?product=firefox-42.0-complete&os=win&lang=sk&force=1" hashFunction="sha512" hashValue="03ae50c30cf9db697e889cdf84a9d1461695edca838953539781656334fbf12ec54770037d40c2c37bfb03987e3057c0c4d003ee276b8de7bac798757ddb97f5" size="51826626"/></update></updates>
If I read the HTTP.log correctly the first request we do for the complete mar file the range doesn't start with 0:

http://mm-ci-production.qa.scl3.mozilla.com:8080/job/ondemand_update/7349/artifact/http.log

2015-11-03 14:21:05.085000 UTC - 0[e11140]: http request [
2015-11-03 14:21:05.085000 UTC - 0[e11140]:   GET http://download.cdn.mozilla.net/pub/firefox/releases/42.0/update/win32/sk/firefox-42.0.complete.mar HTTP/1.1
2015-11-03 14:21:05.085000 UTC - 0[e11140]:   Host: download.cdn.mozilla.net
2015-11-03 14:21:05.085000 UTC - 0[e11140]:   User-Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.3; rv:38.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/38.0
2015-11-03 14:21:05.085000 UTC - 0[e11140]:   Accept: text/html,application/xhtml+xml,application/xml;q=0.9,*/*;q=0.8
2015-11-03 14:21:05.085000 UTC - 0[e11140]:   Accept-Language: sk,cs;q=0.8,en-US;q=0.5,en;q=0.3
2015-11-03 14:21:05.085000 UTC - 0[e11140]:   Range: bytes=12300000-12599999
2015-11-03 14:21:05.085000 UTC - 0[e11140]:   Connection: keep-alive
2015-11-03 14:21:05.085000 UTC - 0[e11140]: ]

This would produce an invalid downloaded file. I could imagine that this might somehow be connected with bug 1219934.
I downloaded the file and it looks good:

$ mar.py -t -v -k ~/work/mozilla/git/funsize/docker/funsize-update-generator/release.pubkey firefox-42.0.complete.mar

Verification OK (RSA-PKCS1-SHA1)
SIZE    MODE    NAME   
914     0666    updatev2.manifest
942     0666    updatev3.manifest
16729181 0666    xul.dll
54513   0777    wow_helper.exe
382     0666    webapprt/webapprt.ini
80999   0666    webapprt/omni.ja
131255  0777    webapprt-stub.exe
73592   0777    webapp-uninstaller.exe
4425    0666    voucher.bin
788     0666    updater.ini
145621  0777    updater.exe
154     0666    update-settings.ini
210907  0777    uninstall/helper.exe
83236   0666    softokn3.dll
1172    0666    softokn3.chk
81242   0666    sandboxbroker.dll
392     0666    removed-files
696     0666    precomplete
95913   0777    plugin-hang-ui.exe
119213  0777    plugin-container.exe
155     0666    platform.ini
11845991 0666    omni.ja
55016   0666    nssdbm3.dll
1156    0666    nssdbm3.chk
214744  0666    nssckbi.dll
848462  0666    nss3.dll
489616  0666    msvcr120.dll
169978  0666    msvcp120.dll
66932   0666    mozglue.dll
62634   0777    maintenanceservice_installer.exe
81290   0777    maintenanceservice.exe
410933  0666    libGLESv2.dll
25785   0666    libEGL.dll
33928   0666    lgpllibs.dll
406031  0666    icuuc55.dll
523515  0666    icuin55.dll
2754089 0666    icudt55.dll
253     0666    gmp-clearkey/0.1/clearkey.info
108735  0666    gmp-clearkey/0.1/clearkey.dll
166896  0666    freebl3.dll
1165    0666    freebl3.chk
245100  0777    firefox.exe
886999  0666    dictionaries/sk.dic
11483   0666    dictionaries/sk.aff
103     0666    dependentlibs.list
245     0666    defaults/pref/channel-prefs.js
1388741 0666    d3dcompiler_47.dll
1971    0666    crashreporter.ini
153798  0777    crashreporter.exe
12034221 0666    browser/omni.ja
747     0666    browser/extensions/{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}/install.rdf
2498    0666    browser/extensions/{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}/icon.png
1901    0666    browser/extensions/{972ce4c6-7e08-4474-a285-3208198ce6fd}/chrome.manifest
620     0666    browser/crashreporter-override.ini
71      0666    browser/components/components.manifest
33624   0666    browser/components/browsercomps.dll
64      0666    browser/chrome.manifest
17526   0666    browser/blocklist.xml
63676   0666    breakpadinjector.dll
498     0666    application.ini
885800  0666    D3DCompiler_43.dll
11696   0666    AccessibleMarshal.dll
I retriggered on of those tests and it passed this time:
http://mm-ci-production.qa.scl3.mozilla.com:8080/job/ondemand_update/7385/console
(Reporter)

Comment 8

3 years ago
I also retriggered a run on win7 and it worked as well, so it looks like this was intermittent and is fine now, I'll call the bug WFM.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 years ago
Resolution: --- → WORKSFORME
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.