Seamonkey locks up (Not Responding) on certain websites



3 years ago
3 years ago


(Reporter: rob32ert64, Unassigned)


SeaMonkey 2.39 Branch

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)




3 years ago
User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 6.1; rv:42.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/42.0 SeaMonkey/2.39
Build ID: 20151103191810

Steps to reproduce:

Go to,, or and spend some time reading various articles.  

Actual results:

On these and sometimes other web sites, eventually SeaMonkey will lock up with (not responding) in the title bar.  I tried running in Safe Mode, but it still happened. The problem began with 2.38.  I hoped that 2.39 would fix it but it's still happening, so here I am.    It NEVER happens with Firefox, but I much prefer SeaMonkey.  The above web sites are constantly loading stuff in the background (ads, trackers, etc) and my guess is that it's one of those things that causes it.  I can prevent the lockups most of the time by clicking the Stop Loading button once the page appears.  It never happens on simple web sites without all the background stuff.
Thank you.  I've used SeaMonkey since the Netscape days in the 90s and it's by far my favorite browser.
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.