Status

Firefox OS
Gaia::PDF Viewer
RESOLVED FIXED
3 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: gerard, Assigned: gerard)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

Attachments

(1 attachment)

PR
46 bytes, text/x-github-pull-request
fabrice
: review+
Details | Review | Splinter Review
(Assignee)

Description

3 years ago
For a couple of weeks now, Pdf.js seems not to work. I have local build with updated pdf.js and pdf.worker.js that works quite well.
(Assignee)

Comment 1

3 years ago
Created attachment 8717892 [details] [review]
PR

Quick hack:
> $ curl http://mozilla.github.io/pdf.js/build/pdf.js > content/build/pdf.js
> $ curl http://mozilla.github.io/pdf.js/build/pdf.worker.js > content/build/pdf.worker.js 

I could not find any documentation on the recommended way to update this.

Maybe we should just git clone; npm make, and copy the resulting *stable* built pdf.js and pdf.worker.js ?
(Assignee)

Comment 2

3 years ago
So with this I am able to get updated and working Pdf.JS. I saw that you say updating Pdf.js is blocked by bug 1171998. As far as I could read of this bug, I don't understand what is blocking updating pdf.js and pdf.worker.js because of the viewer.
Flags: needinfo?(ydelendik)

Comment 3

3 years ago
naoki told me this "We are blocked from pushing it into the repo because it's in a separate repository and we need to change things so that it can be added into the build while being in a separate repository since JUNE. "

see: https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=1171998
(In reply to Alexandre LISSY :gerard-majax from comment #1)
> I could not find any documentation on the recommended way to update this.

The bug 1171998 trying to introduce that.

(In reply to Alexandre LISSY :gerard-majax from comment #2)
> I don't understand what is blocking updating pdf.js and pdf.worker.js
> because of the viewer.

I was trying to find a reviewer via IRC or mailing list for the pull request. None of the PDF.js core team contributors are maintaining the UI or PDF.js core code at the gaia side, and bug 1171998 is trying to make it easier but using only pdfjs-dist repo to update the version in the gaia. (Please notice that just updating pdf.js and pdf.worker.js files might not be enough, you may need to update UI to take advantage of some improvements and pdfjs-dist introduces that).
(In reply to Mihai Barbat from comment #3)
> naoki told me this "We are blocked from pushing it into the repo because
> it's in a separate repository and we need to change things so that it can be
> added into the build while being in a separate repository since JUNE. "

pdfjs-dist has only prebuilt code of PDF.js that can be fetched via bower, npm or git.
Flags: needinfo?(ydelendik)
(Assignee)

Comment 6

3 years ago
So the version in that PR is the one on pdfjs-dist: https://github.com/mozilla/pdfjs-dist/commit/2b14d447b0bc9a5a03df810ca887dc4cac88c15a
(Assignee)

Updated

3 years ago
Attachment #8717892 - Flags: review?(fabrice)
Attachment #8717892 - Flags: review?(fabrice) → review+
(Assignee)

Comment 7

3 years ago
https://github.com/mozilla-b2g/gaia/commit/4e0cff2858bd41c71258cc39f0989ab0e7137a9c
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Comment 8

3 years ago
This is what I call speed :D
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.