Update partner submission page to use an email instead of salesforce

RESOLVED FIXED

Status

RESOLVED FIXED
3 years ago
3 years ago

People

(Reporter: mkaply, Assigned: agibson, NeedInfo)

Tracking

Production

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Whiteboard: [q2 sprint 3])

Attachments

(1 attachment)

(Reporter)

Description

3 years ago
Currently the submission of this form:

https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/partnerships/

Goes through this code:

https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/blob/master/bedrock/mozorg/views.py#L369

and in theory goes into salesforce.

Unfortunately, that salesforce account is no longer active.

Would it be possible to switch that form to simply send an email with the content to:

partner-support@mozilla.org?

Thank you.
Yes.  We can work on this in our next sprint.

Are there any additional content updates to this page as long as we are working on it?
(Reporter)

Comment 2

3 years ago
(In reply to Jennifer Bertsch [:jbertsch] from comment #1)
> Are there any additional content updates to this page as long as we are
> working on it?

That's a great question. The Firefox OS section and the Firefox OS reference in the form can go.

Mike:

Does the Firefox Marketplace section go?

Also, should we add links to:

https://fxpartners.mozilla.com/en-US/desktop/
or
https://fxpartners.mozilla.com/en-US/android/

In their appropriate sections?
(Reporter)

Updated

3 years ago
Flags: needinfo?(mconnor)
ni? Bertrand re: Marketplace.

We should definitely switch the section links to fxpartners.m.o.  We should almost certainly consolidate the various wiki, www, and fxpartners@ content into one place, but that doesn't need to block this fix.
Flags: needinfo?(mconnor) → needinfo?(bneveux)
(In reply to Mike Kaply [:mkaply] from comment #0)
> Currently the submission of this form:
> 
> https://www.mozilla.org/en-US/about/partnerships/
> 
> Goes through this code:
> 
> https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/blob/master/bedrock/mozorg/views.py#L369
> 
> and in theory goes into salesforce.
> 
> Unfortunately, that salesforce account is no longer active.
> 
> Would it be possible to switch that form to simply send an email with the
> content to:
> 
> partner-support@mozilla.org?
> 
> Thank you.

Hello Mike. Fellow Mozartist here. I am the new Salesforce Admin. These Partner Leads are in fact still being created in Salesforce but have been rendered useless since we have been getting so much spam in addition. I would be happy to talk this through with you since I am trying to find ways to preserve the web-to-lead functionality for the Partner/Salesforce site. Thx
(Reporter)

Comment 5

3 years ago
That would be great, Andrew.

We were going to switch to a different type of form (email) but that would be even more overwhelming.

Can you give me an idea of how much spam there is?
(In reply to Mike Kaply [:mkaply] from comment #5)
> That would be great, Andrew.
> 
> We were going to switch to a different type of form (email) but that would
> be even more overwhelming.
> 
> Can you give me an idea of how much spam there is?

There have been 2K+ Lead records created in Salesforce in the last 30 days alone. We are estimating 95%+ are spam records. Let me know if you have time either Thur or Fri of this week and we can do a quick sync on this and come up with some next steps. Thx.

Comment 7

3 years ago
I sync'ed up with Mark, Mike & Andrew. The Salesforce form needs to come down.

The spam from the form is causing roadblocks for our major CRM integration work happening this quarter (P1 for Marketing) and no one is currently looking at those Leads in Salesforce.

The form should be replaced with a "contact us" to the email address: partnerships@mozilla.com

Mark/Mike is going to create that private group list that the BD team can all access and review.  

Mike & Andrew are going to sync after the CRM integration work is complete this quarter to talk BD needs around the partner program and how to best set up the integration.

Jbertsch, can you confirm when this is on the sprint board?

Thanks!
Flags: needinfo?(jbertsch)
(In reply to Jessilyn Davis from comment #7)
> I sync'ed up with Mark, Mike & Andrew. The Salesforce form needs to come
> down.
> 
> The spam from the form is causing roadblocks for our major CRM integration
> work happening this quarter (P1 for Marketing) and no one is currently
> looking at those Leads in Salesforce.
> 
> The form should be replaced with a "contact us" to the email address:
> partnerships@mozilla.com
> 
> Mark/Mike is going to create that private group list that the BD team can
> all access and review.  
> 
> Mike & Andrew are going to sync after the CRM integration work is complete
> this quarter to talk BD needs around the partner program and how to best set
> up the integration.
> 
> Jbertsch, can you confirm when this is on the sprint board?
> 
> Thanks!

On the board.  What is your timeframe, Jess?
Flags: needinfo?(jbertsch) → needinfo?(jdavis)
Whiteboard: [q2 sprint 3]

Comment 10

3 years ago
Before London, by June 10 at the latest. Is that doable?

Thanks Jbertsch!
Flags: needinfo?(jdavis)
(Assignee)

Updated

3 years ago
Assignee: nobody → agibson
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED
(Assignee)

Comment 11

3 years ago
Created attachment 8758331 [details] [review]
GitHub pull request
(Assignee)

Comment 12

3 years ago
This branch has now been pushed to a demo instance at the following URL:

https://bedrock-demo-agibson.us-west.moz.works/en-US/about/partnerships/

It should now generate an email sent to partnerships@mozilla.com as proposed in Comment 7.

Jessilyn, can you please test to see if all looks ok? Thanks
Flags: needinfo?(jdavis)

Comment 13

3 years ago
Thanks Alex! I just tested.

Mike or Mark - can you see if you got an email from jdavis+testpartner@mozilla.com  at "parternships@mozilla.com" (have you created that alias yet?)

Thanks!
Flags: needinfo?(mozilla)
Flags: needinfo?(mcrandon)
Flags: needinfo?(jdavis)
(Reporter)

Comment 14

3 years ago
The alias is definitely set up, but I don't know where it goes...
Flags: needinfo?(mozilla)

Comment 15

3 years ago
the partnerships@mozilla.com alias is owned by Liza Fox.  In communication with her to transition that to BD.

Hold............
Flags: needinfo?(mcrandon)

Comment 16

3 years ago
All,

I have management of the partnerships@mozilla.com group now.  It receives the email from the test site above.
(Assignee)

Comment 17

3 years ago
(In reply to Mark Crandon from comment #16)
> All,
> 
> I have management of the partnerships@mozilla.com group now.  It receives
> the email from the test site above.

Thanks for confirming. We'll likely merge this change to master today and it will go live in our next prod push early next week.

Comment 18

3 years ago
Excellent! Thanks Alex and Mark!

Comment 19

3 years ago
Commits pushed to master at https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock

https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/commit/70c57f5c4f7950dacdebd3d4559b07ba332596f7
[fix bug 1253001] Update partner submission page to use an email instead of salesforce

https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/commit/36302cbd6a0b1306ab234e75f1de9a450cf7faf9
Merge pull request #4167 from alexgibson/bug-1253001-update-partner-submission-page-to-use-email

[fix bug 1253001] Update partner submission page to use an email instead of salesforce

Updated

3 years ago
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 3 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Comment 20

3 years ago
We are getting a ton of automated test scripts to the partnership email.  Is it possible to do something to reduce the amount of test script submits?
(Reporter)

Comment 21

3 years ago
Can you forward me the test email?

I saw this in Salesforce as well. I don't understand what system inside of Mozilla is using this page for testing...
(Assignee)

Comment 22

3 years ago
(In reply to Mike Kaply [:mkaply] from comment #21)
> Can you forward me the test email?
> 
> I saw this in Salesforce as well. I don't understand what system inside of
> Mozilla is using this page for testing...

We have a suite of automated Selenium tests that are part of the bedrock repository and run in our deployment automation:

http://bedrock.readthedocs.io/en/latest/testing.html

Fyi - we just resolved the unwanted email generated by these tests in this PR: https://github.com/mozilla/bedrock/pull/4210
(Reporter)

Comment 23

3 years ago
Thank you!
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.