Status

Calendar
Internal Components
VERIFIED FIXED
16 years ago
12 years ago

People

(Reporter: xyzzy, Assigned: Mike Potter)

Tracking

Details

(URL)

(Reporter)

Description

16 years ago
I am current on build 2002022203, but I've seen this in earlier builds. 
Happened with the current XPI (Feb 26, 2002):

1. Go to http://www.mozilla.org/projects/calendar/
2. Click the link to install the XPI.
3. Watch install progress.

Almost everything happens as expected.  The install cleanly makes it through all
phases until the very end of the "Finishing install... please wait." phase. 
Then it gives an error, code 999.  The install seems to have succeeded, as I can
run it.  This may be due to earlier installs, however?

Repeating the above procedure usually fails, but occasionally succeeds.  Once it
succeeds, it doesn't seem to fail again, but I haven't tested it that much.  I
experience this problem usually when I update my browser version, as I need to
install the XPI again.
(Assignee)

Comment 1

16 years ago
I've asked about this in netscape.public.mozilla.xpinstall, we'll see if we get
an answer. 
I imagine that the windows installer doesn't delete the old installation, so its
getting installed twice.  Just a guess though.
(Assignee)

Comment 2

16 years ago
According to http://developer.netscape.com/docs/manuals/xpinstall/err.html (I
don't know if that applies here), but error code 999 is "The files were
installed, but one or more components were in use. Restart the computer and
Communicator to complete the installation process. On Windows NT, you may only
need to restart Communicator as long as you did not replace operating system
files."  That makes sense in this case, but I don't know how to solve the
problem. I imagine if you had quit Mozilla before installing the new version,
things would be OK.
(Assignee)

Comment 3

16 years ago
OK, that was the problem and I've added in a check for it.
That error doesn't show up any longer.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 16 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED

Comment 4

16 years ago
VERIFIED
Status: RESOLVED → VERIFIED
Mass move of libxpical bugs to the Internal Components, per ctalbert.
Component: libxpical → Internal Components
The bugspam monkeys have been set free and are feeding on Calendar :: Internal Components. Be afraid for your sanity!
QA Contact: colint → base
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.