IMAP: Destination folder state misleading on Stop multiple msg Move/Copy

RESOLVED EXPIRED

Status

SeaMonkey
MailNews: Message Display
RESOLVED EXPIRED
17 years ago
8 years ago

People

(Reporter: laurel, Unassigned)

Tracking

Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)

Details

(Reporter)

Description

17 years ago
Using mar01 commercial trunk build

Looking at the destination folder of an IMAP-->IMAP Move/Copy of a large
multiple message selection after you've stopped the Move/Copy gives a false
impression that the move didn't transfer the messages.  When you first look at
the destination folder it loads to show the previous number of messages (prior
to any move command).  When you select another folder and return to that
destination folder (sometimes it takes a third time) , you'll see the full
number of headers from the move. 

Confusing, particularly if you do the move/copy again because you think it
didn't take... then you've duplicated the number intended for the destination.

Steps:
1.  Login to IMAP account, open folder with a large number of messages (I tried
ranges from 1800-4000 messages. 
2.  Select all the messages in the folder and use menu Message|Move Message) to
a destination folder which has none or few messages (easier to track).
3.  Quickly after issuing Move command, click the Stop button to stop the move
process.
4.  Open the destination folder and note the total message count.  It is the
same as it was before the move.  To all appearances, nothing wound up in the
destination folder.
5.  Select another folder and return to the destination folder.  Now all the
headers from move are loaded. (Messages are also in the original destination
folder, expected since we stopped and didn't delete from origination.)
(Reporter)

Updated

17 years ago
QA Contact: esther → laurel

Updated

17 years ago
Status: NEW → ASSIGNED

Updated

16 years ago
Keywords: nsbeta1

Comment 1

16 years ago
Discussed at Mail News bug meeting.  Decided to minus this bug.
Keywords: nsbeta1 → nsbeta1-
mass re-assign.
Assignee: naving → sspitzer
Status: ASSIGNED → NEW
Product: Browser → Seamonkey

Updated

13 years ago
Assignee: sspitzer → mail
Assignee: mail → nobody
QA Contact: laurel → message-display

Comment 3

9 years ago
MASS-CHANGE:
This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but has been without a comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project. This means that it was logged against the old Mozilla suite and we cannot determine that it's still valid for the current SeaMonkey suite. Because of this, we are setting it to an UNCONFIRMED state.

If you can confirm that this report still applies to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it back to the NEW state along with a comment on how you reproduced it on what Build ID, or if it's an enhancement request, why it's still worth implementing and in what way.
If you can confirm that the report doesn't apply to current SeaMonkey 2.x nightly builds, please set it to the appropriate RESOLVED state (WORKSFORME, INVALID, WONTFIX, or similar).
If no action happens within the next few months, we move this bug report to an EXPIRED state.

Query tag for this change: mass-UNCONFIRM-20090614
Status: NEW → UNCONFIRMED

Comment 4

8 years ago
MASS-CHANGE:
This bug report is registered in the SeaMonkey product, but still has no comment since the inception of the SeaMonkey project 5 years ago.

Because of this, we're resolving the bug as EXPIRED.

If you still can reproduce the bug on SeaMonkey 2 or otherwise think it's still valid, please REOPEN it and if it is a platform or toolkit issue, move it to the according component.

Query tag for this change: EXPIRED-20100420
Status: UNCONFIRMED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 8 years ago
Resolution: --- → EXPIRED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.