with DOM created input elements let characters disappear




17 years ago
17 years ago


(Reporter: slukits, Assigned: john)



Firefox Tracking Flags

(Not tracked)





17 years ago
I actually can not believe that this bug isn't already reported but I
could not find any report on it.
Go to http://www.cartratec-bs.org/moz_dbg/cbsmain2.html.
In the middle frame you see a data table, mark the first line by
checking the first checkbox with the superscripted 1. Then check the
left checkbox from "Preis" column title and the left checkbox from the
"Datum" column title. Then choose from "Aktionen" selection in the
upper frame the option "bearbeiten" then press enter. Then delete in
the second input element in the "Preis" column the two digits and
write new ones in it. One of them will stand invisible. The odd thing
is if you try the same with the inputs in the "Datum" column every
thing works fine. I checked it also out with the DOM-Inspector but
every thing seems correct to me. If some one wants to investigate the
code which produces the input elements, I probably could give some
useful hints where one has to look at. But I want to take that effort
only if there is need for it.
Form controls
Assignee: jst → rods
Component: DOM HTML → HTML Form Controls
Ever confirmed: true
QA Contact: stummala → madhur
John, thoughts?

Comment 3

17 years ago
Over to John
Assignee: rods → jkeiser

Comment 4

17 years ago
hmm.  This is definitely a difference between initial and later reflow.  kin,
does this ring any bells?

But damn, we need a simpler testcase here.  The creation and usage of this
element is spread out to a *lot* of places.  Stephan, did you write this?  Think
you could reduce it down to more of its core elements, maybe less checkboxes,
less selects, less code?  That cntrl array is modified in a lot of places, it
would help to have a clean, simple code path that we can follow from start to
finish.  And it would help to have less steps to reproduce :)

Comment 5

17 years ago
Sorry but I don't have time right now because I have lots of work and
I'm moving. But maybe it is not necessary. Last weekend I had a look
at it because of the smaller test case. I couldn't reproduce the bug!
Then I thought over what I have changed since the last time and it was
the screen resolution in the preferences. I set them from system
default to 96 dpi. I tested it and indeed switching back to system
default made the bug again appear and setting 96 dpi it just
A hint to the code: the Control class is responsible for the creating
of the controls.
ps.: in the middle of April I will have more time again


17 years ago
QA Contact: madhur → tpreston

Comment 6

17 years ago
WFM WinXP 2002102908.  Reopen if you still have problems.
Last Resolved: 17 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.