Closed Bug 1296160 Opened 6 years ago Closed 6 years ago
Measure the cost of IPC (sync) for gdoc test cases
We start a project to study google document's performance issues at bug 1260981 and it's blockers. One thing we found the JS code of gdoc may use a lot of APIs that introduce sync IPC messages. This bug here is to study/measure the cost of IPC for the JS of gdoc, and make decisions of solutions once we have a better knowledge.
I have found following sync IPC message are sent by content process while loading a document. - PContent::Msg_ClipboardHasType (1xms) - PBrowser::Msg_NotifyIMEFocus - PCookieService::Msg_GetCookieString (0~11ms) - PContent::Msg_RpcMessage - PRemoteSpellcheckEngine::Msg_SetDictionary (70ms) Time for these sync IPC messages are vary on the load of system.
No longer blocks: gdoc_read_basic_table_1_ubuntu(45.25%)
I have filed bug 1331674 about the general perf issues with sync IPC. Some of the messages in comment 1 are already filed as blockers for this, please feel free to file new blockers against that.
See Also: → SyncIPC
Re-open if this is not a duplicate of the probe that landed.
Status: NEW → RESOLVED
Closed: 6 years ago
Resolution: --- → DUPLICATE
Duplicate of bug: 1333489
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.