User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/47.0 Build ID: 20160606114238 Steps to reproduce: Use Firefox 47.0 in Spanish under Ubuntu Actual results: "Request Headers" is translated into "Solicitar Cabeceras" Expected results: A better translation would be something like: "Cabeceras de Solicitud"
which specific locale are you using? there are at least 4 Spanish locales. So far, I found "Solicitar cabeceras" string in 3 places in es-CL https://dxr.mozilla.org/l10n-mozilla-release/search?q=Solicitar+cabeceras https://dxr.mozilla.org/l10n-central/search?q=Solicitar+cabeceras
"Cabeceras de Solicitud" is already used in es-CL: https://dxr.mozilla.org/l10n-mozilla-release/search?q=Cabeceras+de+solicitud&redirect=true Maybe the translation should be extended to the missing parts.
Component: Untriaged → es-CL / Spanish (Chile)
Product: Firefox → Mozilla Localizations
Version: 47 Branch → unspecified
Where do I check what locale Firefox is using? My system's locale is: es_UY In any case "Solicitar Cabeceras" is not a proper translation for "Request Headers" (In the developer tools at least) because 'Request' functions as a noun while the translation is basically saying something like: "You may request some headers here" :D
(In reply to jjcp.91 from comment #3) > Where do I check what locale Firefox is using? My system's locale is: es_UY For Firefox locale, type about:config in the location bar and enter the string "general.useragent.locale" (without " "). What's your locale? (es-UY is not a supported lang in Firefox).
Thanks, firefox's locale is set to: "es-CL"
Summary: Bad translation of "Request Headers" into Spanish → [es-CL] "Request Headers" should be translated into "Cabeceras de Solicitud" instead of "Solicitar Cabeceras"
(In reply to jjcp.91 from comment #0) > User Agent: Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Ubuntu; Linux x86_64; rv:47.0) Gecko/20100101 > Firefox/47.0 > Build ID: 20160606114238 > > Steps to reproduce: > > Use Firefox 47.0 in Spanish under Ubuntu > > > Actual results: > > "Request Headers" is translated into "Solicitar Cabeceras" > > > Expected results: > > A better translation would be something like: "Cabeceras de Solicitud" Hi, Thanks for noting this problem. I have just checked in Firefox Aurora (v50) and changed 3 from the 6 "Request Header" strings (the other 3 where already as "Cabeceras de solicitud"). I will make this change also in Firefox Beta (v49). Since I can only change it in Firefox v49 (not earlier versions), you will have to wait until it's release (September 13) to see the change (or use to the beta).
Assignee: nobody → ravmn
Status: UNCONFIRMED → ASSIGNED
Ever confirmed: true
Awesome! Thanks :D
Changes landed in *Aurora: https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n/mozilla-aurora/es-CL/rev/fc5f76ffe941 *Beta: https://hg.mozilla.org/releases/l10n/mozilla-beta/es-CL/rev/684eb9268729
Status: ASSIGNED → RESOLVED
Last Resolved: 2 years ago
Resolution: --- → FIXED
You need to log in before you can comment on or make changes to this bug.